Luxeon III,TWOJ's--what are my host options?

carnal

Newly Enlightened
Luxeon III,TWOJ\'s--what are my host options?

Any Ideas for what to stick my stars in? As in a "host" flashlight. I've done a 3D mag mod, and like the idea of mags for being a host. But I don't think a star will go in a mag will it? Just emitters right?

Give me ideas. Been thinking of a headlamp mod. Anyone know if a star will fit in a headlamp with a reflector?

Thanks in Advance,
Brian in Denver

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Luxeon III,TWOJ\'s--what are my host options?

fond somebody selling a Q3 with a crappy color and swap that star out for the one you have.

Shane

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think i've seen triple-stars in maglights.. just ast modamag said.. need a good flat heatsink.. somebody sells a nice DIY kit even including little nylon screws to hold the stars to the sink.

-awr

carnal

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for all the replies!

>Hallis said: find somebody selling a Q3 with a crappy >color and swap that star out for the one you have.

how cheap can you get em?

>knifebright said: you can always take the emmmiters off >the stars if that suits you better

Yes, good idea, for hotlipsing or osinking, I'll have to test my hacking ability

modamag and andrewwyn--where do you get that crazy heatsink and how much?

chop--one of the best ideas! Would you sell me a bottom plate for your tri-lux? I like the idea of running them 1 watters conservatively. Still puts out lots of light. What if i used 3-3W luxeons and ran them softly? Better with 1W? You used a micropuck? One of them or three? If one, any small resistance in series with each? To keep one of the stars from hogging all the juice?

Could I use my TWOJ's all in parallel with a 3D setup like yours?

haveblue--I like the ALX-1113A because its CHEAP, like $19

Thamks yall, keep them ideas coming!

Brian in Denver