AVP Tomarrow!!!!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello again,

I just wanted to start a thread on the movie Alien VS. Predator that comes out on DVD tomarrow. I already know that most people think that this movie is retarded but I have been watching these movies since I was really young and they are just fascinating to me. I personally route for the Aliens because they kick the Predators as*** until the Preds. go and cheat by using guns.(Then again the point was that the Aliens were used as a hunting "toy" for the Preds. that would prove them to be more mature.)

Anyone seen this movie? plan on buying it?

And, who do you route for?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Seen it. Enjoyed it.

I remarked to my wife in the scene where it appears that they all have maxbeams that it would be way brighter than it appears in the shot.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, another reason I loved the movie(Maxabeams). Also, the green lasers are cool.

Who (I mean which) do you prefer?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
AVP has to be the most underrated flashaholic movie around here. Never mind about the action and the plot, that is a Surefire L80 green laser on a Millenium Universal housing, plus the Millenium Vertical Foregrip. And how could you folks miss the M4?

There is a scene where they show the Pyrex of the MU grip shattering, you can clearly see the Surefire Millenium 1.6" bezel and the grooves.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it yesterday. Watched it then, watching it now, plan on watching it tomarrow, ands this weekend.

I really did forget how much flashlight stuff there is in this movie. Flashlights all over the place!!!(then again they are in a pyramid 2000 ft. below the antarctic ice)

You really get great views of the Maxabeam and some others.

Hey everybody.....go buy AVP!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif(and not just for the flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif)

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
bought the movie saw it with both my red and green lasers, need to watch this movie with your lasers, room dark so you can reeact the shooting scene. you know there will be a sequel to this movie, the alien was in the preds tummy. it aint over yet!!!! part ll by 2006

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't give away the ending!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, that last Pred. dies by being stabbed in the stomach by the "mommy" alien, yet the "predalien" has no harm whatsoever in the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Makes you wonder don't it.....

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I listened to parts of the commentary with the director. He mentions that they lighted large portions of the film with just the flashlights. The photographer jokingly wanted to send back half of the conventional lights.

My only gripe is that Anderson (the director) always complains about the tight budget, and that the Maxabeams were SOOOOOO expensive that they only could afford three. I think that with a budget in excess of $60mil (that's not overly high by today's standard, to be fair) they should have been able to get the meek $4000 to get two from Brightguy.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
perhaps they were more concerned with their return on investments or they were worried about running out of batteries before the shoot was over.

jtice

Flashaholic
Really liked that movie, I also grew up watching all the originals and loved them also.

I really though it was funny, the guy walks up to something about 3 feet from him, points the Maxabeam at it in flood mode, then switches it to spot (looked cool seeing the light in action though) well, then there was this 2.5" wide BRIGHT spot on what he was looking at LOLOL geeeez, it made me sick, he had a $1200 light, and didnt know how to use it.

I like the Preditor, lot smarter, overal better hunter.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a lot smarter, that's for sure. But, as for better hunter/attacker, without the guns, the Predators get beasted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
It's a lot smarter, that's for sure. But, as for better hunter/attacker, without the guns, the Predators get beasted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
its not over yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif remember their is an alien incubating in the warrior's womb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif and when he comes out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true senecaripple, but whos side is this "Predalien" on? It obviously has the features of both.

Say, whos side are you on( senecaripple)?

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Normal humaliens attack both humans and predators -- why should the predalien be any different??

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm on the host side. who invaded their turf? both the humans and the predator. granted the aliens sort of invited the humans. the himans were stupid enuf to venture below. predators, well their just that, and proving they were warriors on earth, well guess they were no match for these aliens. you'll see you havent seen the last of them. you watch. grandma sigourney weaver will have to dock on that ship to rescue these preds.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Ya, Sigourney has gotta get on the boat(ship) and show everybody how a SCARY movie is done.

That's why AVP dissapointed me a bit. IT WASN"T SCARY AT ALL!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I kinda guessed that the "predalien" would be on the alien side - except it now has some new goodies (hopefully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Ya, Sigourney has gotta get on the boat(ship) and show everybody how a SCARY movie is done.

That's why AVP dissapointed me a bit. IT WASN"T SCARY AT ALL!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I kinda guessed that the "predalien" would be on the alien side - except it now has some new goodies (hopefully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, was that suppose to be a horror flick, i thought that movie was for our enjoyment. i mean it was very interactive for me, i got to take out both red and green lasers. and with the room dark. i really had a light show, while watching it. and reading this thread encouraged me to watch it. my girlfriend did not want to see it. but when i saw this thread that mentioned green lasers. i had to watch it asap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif