Sportsman's Guide LED lights

tb2776

Newly Enlightened
Sportsman\'s Guide LED lights

Just got this promo in an email. Can anyone provide feedback about the quality of these lights offered by Sportsman's Guide?
Sportsman's Guide

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
Re: Sportsman\'s Guide LED lights

First, I don't have any of these flashlights. However, from the looks of them, and the asking price, I suspect these are just some generic brand lights that may not be tough, reliable, and water-proof. You get what you pay for here!?

A quick forum search came up with this, which may help a bit.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMHO, the output of 5 standard LEDs is far too little for a 3D light. Poor light/weight ratio.

That said, I do have their Guidegear 12 LED lantern and their 1W flashlight/lantern, both which I like.

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened

They appear to be the same or very similar to ones available at Harbor Freight. I have what is left of the smaller one that developed dead LEDs due to a cracked circuit board. The head is epoxied on and should not be considered waterproof, at least on the model I have. It will make a great host for a 1 watt luxeon mod:) If the larger of the two is like one I recently saw, it also will make a great host and would be quite simple to mod. If left as stock, they should be passable but not spectacular as they are not very efficient or high powered.

Good luck

dimwatt