thanks guys - finally decided & ordered....

vikingboy

Newly Enlightened
As a newbie to this forum I would just like to say thanks to everyone here. The amount of information here is second to none.
Mid last year I wanted a new keyring light to replace my ten year old maglite AAA which was getting long in the tooth. I stumbled across Arc who made what looked like a nice piece in the form of the AAA. Due to some issues with ordering I left it and forgot all about it until recently I got the urge to purchase again. That delay cost me some $$$$! Thanks to a forum member I have managed to obtain a Arc AAA-P for not exactly an unreasonable amount given the current ebay prices and it is currently winging its way to the Uk for me.

Having got a flashy new keyring light I thought it was time to replace my 2*D cell maglite which has served me well for the last five or so years. So now Ive also got a Surefire L2 on its way also. I wanted a light which had a good length of useful light output but with a bit of a turbo boost when required, the L2 seems the perfect combo for me. This has been an expensive week already and the custom build forum is starting to look tempting now....those alephs and the 1.5w Peak brass AAA custom job look very nice <drool>.

thanks again,
Ian

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF, vikingboy, why dontcha stay awhile!

You seem to have gotten a great start, with two top-notch torches! Both are awesome and very practical.

welcome again,
daloosh

now you need a Lionheart!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

And ditto what daloosh said. They are both very nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
watch your wallet, this place can suck the $$ from your wallet from 1/2 way around the world.

but please sit for a while and enjoy the company

doug