375 nm UV array

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, they say 20euro each is what each led costs. So thats close to $4,000 usd in leds? I bet that would make a nice trio of hand held inspection lights split up.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is Nichia cost, it really sounds like that price is for the whole strip???
Jeff

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I am going to post this in group buys. the total price is for the WHOLE strip, all 99. I will watch these and the price, anyone interested PM me. it will be a quick turnaround. I will set this up in lots of 10, so 1/10 total price inc shipping. tell me how many 10's you want and total upper limit you will pay. I have heard horror stories about GB's, so let me know how may be interested.
Jeff

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I saw that last night while looking around. But I think I'll stick with my too cool UV modded XNova for now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also saw these 10mw laser modules for $12 each. What do you think of them?

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
15.50 ea with shipping. not bad. of all the LD's I have, the OEM style with metal focus I like best.
Jeff
PS, glad you like

just saw this. 4.00 ea + 2.50 S/H
650nm 5mw LD assy

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah. I've got one of those on the way along with another similarly rated module from another seller.

By the way, are the 365 nm Nichia that Xenopus Electronix uses available directly as raw LEDs?

Edit - Oops. I just found some UV LEDs going down to 350 nm at Roithner.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 modded xnova?
I also saw the 10mw red a while back. I asked on CPF if anyone had high powered red lasers. I have a 5mW I got back in 98 for 20 dollars that's as bright as any other laser I've come across. It's still using the same AAA's that came with it and shining bright today!

I'll check out the GB for those nice UV leds.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, a WildRice-modded XNova. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It came out very nice. Nicer than I imagined, actually which is always a plus! I have a light using the same LEDs as this
XNova running on 3 N Cells and it definately puts out more visible light, but less flourescence. If I'm saying that correctly.

IMG_0386a.jpg

DBrier

Enlightened
Did you notice the auction lists the condition as used?
You might want to look into that and make sure they don't have 5000 hours on them already.

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that too -- even with long-burning Nichia's, you don't know the conditions these were run at. They also look to be mounted flush to the board, which is a no-no according to Nichia. 3mm lead spacing is required, usually using standoffs.
Piers!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz sweet light! I was thinking about modding one of those the other day. The 1AA knock offs. I need a host for these leds if they come through!!

Even though your's is less UV, it's pretty! I love purple light for some reason?