Run time on Costco 2AA Lux ?

jsmn4vu

Newly Enlightened
That's a pretty nice light with lithiums, isn't it, particularly at that price! I think it makes an ideal car light (that is, it'll still make light even if it's been sitting for five years, unlike my previous alkaline/incandescents).

blinkycat

Newly Enlightened
Mine ran for about 2 hr 40 min on a freshly charged pair 2000 mAH NiMH. Output faded gradually over that time, but was still plenty bright until the last few minutes.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
blinkycat, I ran an earlier test with freshly charged 2000 mAH nimhs, and the light only went about 1 hr 50 minutes to half power. However, when I tested the voltage of the nimhs coming out of the light, one was basically at zero and had in fact failed completely, so the light was not running on two healthy, charged battgeries. When I swapped that one out again and ran it again, I got 3 hrs 25 min to half power.

It's a pain to run these tests over, but if you check your batteries and get a good pair, there's a good chance you'll get more time out of it.

blinkycat

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, nerdengineer. I'll check again with another set of batteries to see if they run longer (just for curiosities sake, since the original run time I measured was plenty for between recharges).