Looking for Battery Holders

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I'd ask the experts. I want to supe up some lights and looking for D cell, C cell and more of those phantom 3AA to D cell holders. I want to build my own D Cell pack for trhe Havis Shields D2S light. I think 10 cells (NiMh) would be the correct correct amount.

Any body got some links or recommendations? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NikolaTesla

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thomas Distributing has some but I don't think they will take very much current. I tried using a 10AA holder playing around with the HID Biltz and the battery contacts heated up very fast so I don't think I would use them for anything over an amp or two for extended periods.

I have been looking at these 11 or 12 of them should make a nice pack for the H/S light and the price is not bad either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later
Kelly

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thosed Thomas things look like they might work for the D cells. A D2S powered light only uses a little less than 4 amps. If I put 3 4 cell holders in a plastic pack and make a mount for the Havis Sheild HID, I can have a poor man's Maxabeam. Hey they are cheap enough to try.

Still like to find those 3AA to D things somewhere on this planet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif