Pila?

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I was told that a Pila is worth it for my SF L4. What is it? How do I get it? How much will it run me?
Thanks!

-Ian-

Topper

Flashaholic*
The Pila 168s is the one you want plus a charger to recharge it Thats why so many like it because it is rechargable many times. If you use your light alot it will save money in the long run. There is a thread in the Dealers Corner about what people use Pila's in lots of good info there.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
About 70 bucks for the (you want the Pila AC charger) and 1 168s; from Jon no shipping charge it will pay for it self after you use it awhile as you do not have to keep feeding it 123's that adds up quick if you run the L4 alot.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif There is a link in my sig line if you want to go check Jon's site out.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the L4, the Pila is the only protected option that is any good. The 3volt rechargables don't do well under the kind of draw and L4 has and the my soon to be released 4.2 volt 123s will be too powerful if a pair is used though a single one will run one in regulation in the L4 on an e1e body but not at near the runtime.

AlecGold

Enlightened
Can I order Pila's in Europe somewhere? not in Switzerland, they don't have Euro's and I pay about 15 bucks changing fee for 70 dollar. a bit to much to my taste.