yummy sardines

raggie33

*the raggedier*
am i the only sradine lover? there so good and so cheap i eat em all the time

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm with you, Raggie. Love a sardine. Kippered herring is good too. I used to gross out my boss by eating them straight out of the can. Big Lots is a good place to find cheap sardines.

Geoff

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
Boy Raggie you must have a lead stomach. Between the Yummy sardines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif and the spicy chicken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I don't think I would feal very good after dinner at your house./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif
Hornet

Santelmo

Enlightened
Another foodie thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

I like are the "spanish style" more, in olive/corn oil and with pepper corns, capers, sliced carrots and pickles. Really full of flavor over hot piping rice with scrambled eggs on the side!

hideo

Enlightened
kipppers are excellent and don't forget smoked oysters and/or anchovies, with a little crusty bread to sop up the oil ...

squid tinned in it's own ink for a little variety ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

remember that great episode of "Futurama" centering around a $2000 tin of anchovies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

hideo

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol Sardines are great! I love to eat them with lots of onions and tomatoes and of course pepper!

Tuna is another favorite!

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like sardines.. BUT without any bones or guts.. I look around and most of the sardines sold in the area are with bones and guts..

I buy sardines that are boneless and skinless. THEY ARE GOOD!

-tom

greenLED

Flashaholic
The daughter of a family friend died from food poisoining after eating a can of sardines. I have not eaten them since.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i might like them, but i doubt i'll ever find out for sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I like "BeachCliff Fish Steaks", which are likely sardines with an uptown label. Also I like the sardines that come already packed in either mustard, hot sauce or one or two other varieties which I forget the names of right now. But I don't (can't) eat'em straight out the tin can "unflavored". My wife is good at stir-frying'em up with green onions and garlic and soy sauce and some vegetables and stuff. Not bad that way either.