how do you use your SAFTS?? (or AA Chloride Lith

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
Hi, just wondering
LR14500's are great, i order about 50 and just put 'em on my leds, colours of all types let them sit on my loft for 2-3 weeks untill they start to diminish light.. they are amazing, also replace all them in my single aa lights.. they even power the 1/2 watt ones.. altho 1 watt luxeons are dimmer than usuall np just strap 2-3 or more
you get a TON of light , for over 4 days
LS14500
Like a Nuclear Power

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
Hello
Post Script when the lights were out for the first month after we got out house *stupid me payed the wrong utility company* anyway we had about 14 of these batteries witht he ends tied to 23k leds and it light this house loft and all rooms, i mean 2 weeks non stop.. people were just wow. what the heck is that AA?? military?? close i suppose , the secret as you may know, or not is in the current release. they don't power much but leds up to 8 or so per cell it can handle this is the normal AA battery, so you may have noticed why a thin coin cell type battery can power a single led for a day or so while that same single led on a 'AA' lasts about the same.. whoa big size voltage difference?? the AA puts out more current and more heat.. AA Chloride Lithiums (either Israeli French will do)
can do it with almost no heat and only pure low current
overdrive your lights ALOT and not burn them out to a point
but very imppresive, i frankly can't believe given the glut of them on the market now from surplus why we can't have more flashlights with them.. i've replaced the 10k lights with 24,000 LED 8 flashlight and actually got about 2 WATTS in Luxeon equvelent. a descent throw by any means.. but 4x less power to begin with coupled with the AA SAFS powercell
provided an additional boost in both light and about 8 times the light duration
come on guys make some of these lights!!!

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to the very low current AA size Li 3.X V cells like Tadiron and SAFT sell ? I suspect the reason that they don't get so much play is that you can do the pretty much the same thing with a 123 cell and they are off the shelf to a larger market.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: how do you use your SAFTS?? (or AA Chloride

These cells can actually push a LOT more currents than we think and still retain more than enough capacity to be impressive...
I've made a few lights that run on packs of these and they last so long there is no way I can hope to use up my stock.