My name is Andrew and I'm a VIP Flashaholic :-D

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My name is Andrew and I\'m a VIP Flashaholic :-D

Well i guess i'm officially a member now.. through the amazing generosity of a fellow CPFr.. well two actually.. I was able to first acquire a Lionheart.. and fortunately i mentioned this in a post because when i mentioned 'the only thing that could have made that a better trade was if it was a VIP'.. well.. another very generous CPF member made me a trade deal that was way past 'above and beyond the call of duty'... that landed me with a VIP and got him on a 'vip' list for my big project.

I was going to call the title of this 'history repeats itself' since it was two trades in a scant 3 or 4 days that landed me two of the most sought after lights.. both of which i wanted.

Now i just have to figure out 'what to do' with them :-D.

In the prototyping of the MM and the control for it.. i've discovered how to put variable control into a fatman driver and infinite variability into the VIP driver.. It looks like i might could fit a fatman into the LH.. which would run it a little lower brightness but constant brightness.

Since i always have the nano on me.. i may convert the LH to single brightness... much as i love the driver and control.. not a big fan of the single button multi-mode controllers ala arc4 and LH (although i will mention that LH for what it is.. really nice)..

I wrote a really nice letter to MrBulk about the VIP and that now that i have one i 'chose wisely' when i picked that light as my inspiration to get into building flashlights.. there are minor things that aren't my favorite, but that's the 'genius' behind it.. beautiful but not 'perfect'.. talk about inspirational.

I don't know if the VIPs all had the same bin but i won the bin lottery on the color of the light in my VIP.. it looks like the X1 color of the base model of my nanos and it's been my favorite color.. a little on the warm side and just very 'sunlight' looking.

Well.. I had to share my good news with the forum i figured it'd be a funny way to bring it up with subject. I knew the whole time that CPF were 'good people', but talk about solid proof.

-awr

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My name is Andrew and I\'m a VIP Flashaholic :-

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

The generosity of CPF member is one of the MAJOR reason why I'm still here.
It's not just monetary. Ranges anywhere from information sharing, landing a hand here & there, plus many many more ...

Andrew, can't wait to see your next project. Keep us posted.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Thanks Andy, I will reply to your e-mail soon.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

"My name is Andrew and I'm a VIP Flashaholic :-D "

Hi Andy,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You'll be sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Larry