Nuwai ALX-352L and alternative rechargeables...

lx3

Newly Enlightened
Is there a better alternative(s) then the Pila 168S for my Nuwai ALX-352L in terms of not having to compromised with its 22% light output reduction as per FlashlightReviews.com stated? Perhaps they'll even be equivalent to / higher output then primaries for rechargeables? And yet they're save to use for the Nuwai? Can't seem to have any search result in regards with this topic and please direct me to it if this had been discussed previously. TIA for your inputs.

Grubbster

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai ALX-352L and alternative rechargeables..

I would like to know the same thing. Anyone know if the 2X 3.7 R123 would fry this light?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

I run batterystations R123's in mine and they are charged to 4.2V. Manufacturer states that rechargeables are fine. I can firmly state that I haven't had a problem using 4.2V R123's in mine and I've tested them to depletion a few times.

Hope that eases your mind on the R123's.

Jeff

AESOP

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the info Jeff. I have been planning to get this combination myself.

Michael

lx3

Newly Enlightened

Same here; thanks for your solid info Jeff and that really helps for my decision to invest further and away from other routes to fit my needs. However, how many % of brightness have them 4.2V R's increased you from the primaries that you would've guestimated. Just so that I'll have a closer expectation from them. Thanks again.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can give you an pretty accurate percentage of increased light using 4.2V rechargeables vs CR123a primary batteries... 17% increase in output according to my lux meter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Of course runtime would be shorter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jeff

lx3

Newly Enlightened

Am very happy for this found of info from you; saving $ from the Pila's in addition to the 17% light gain though they've shorter run time, but with the $ saved, I can get a few more sets for the backups and since the need to travel with them and recharching time aren't an issue for me yet. Can't wait 'til they arrive from the order that I'd just placed right after your reply. Thanks a bunch Jeff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anytime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff