Beam brightness and distance comparison (Arc, Inova, Infinity, Photon, PA Lights)

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi.

Thought this set of beam outputs would be of interest to those interested in getting the following:

Inova X5T white and blue, Infinity Ultra, Photon III and PA Lights I. Batteries used for the beam shots are all brand spanking new: Enegizer L91, Energizer CR2016, Energizer 9V Alkaline and Sanyo CR123.

upthestairs15feet.jpg

5feettowall.jpg

Stay tuned for the PA Light (2-3 days) and Arc LS (about 2 weeks) comparisons.

Note: Beam brightness is always darker in the photos than in real life.

Comments or questions welcome...

*** EDIT: PA LIGHTS I added Wed Jan 22 GMT+11. Can you see the ghost silhouette?
confused.gif

*** EDIT: Arc LS1 added Mon 3 Feb 03 GMT+11. Best performer of the lot.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Great job!
icon14.gif

To those who're reading this, it's important to note that these photos don't represent how good it lights up the place since that'll depend on how long you've been in the dark and how much your eyes are adjusted.

These photos should only be used as a relative guide between themselves and not with other sets of photos.

-YC

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always appreciate pics of the lights shining on something other than a paper target or wall at short distance. I realize the standard target tests are important for quanitfying and comparing, but often a shining down the hall pics provides more usefull info for real life.

That said, it is very hard to get the pics to even come close to how the human eye perceives. The images always look a lot darker than the way it seems in real life. And somehow playing around with longer exposures doesn't seem to provide the solution.

RonM

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The white Inova seems much dimmer than the blue, despite using fresh batteries (Sanyo/GE).

Does anyone out there with a white X5T have the same issue? Could it be a 'faulty' circuit?

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Howard,

Nope that's how they are. The blue is brighter than the white. The green is ever brighter than the blue. Okay okay so it might be that your eyes are more sensitive to those colors but as far as human perspective goes the colored LED seems brighter. (Now aren't you glad that you didn't get all white
smile.gif
heheh )

I guess you might consider the process of making LEDs produce white light. The phosphor coating has got to cut down the brightness from the original LED.

Best regards,
Randy

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
huh...I kinda disagree
smile.gif

I had (briefly) a blue X5T and although the room was not totally dark when I turned it on, it was dimmer than my 2LED PR based mod I did myself. So, I sold it.

Now I have a white X5T and quite like it and it was noticeably brighter even on 'almost dead' 123's in the same partially lit room than the blue X5T, from what I remember...

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a faulty light you gotten.. or that there is some high resistance part used somewhere in the light... manufacturing error, which still means faulty light....

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by yclo:
Great job!
icon14.gif

To those who're reading this, it's important to note that these photos don't represent how good it lights up the place since that'll depend on how long you've been in the dark and how much your eyes are adjusted.

These photos should only be used as a relative guide between themselves and not with other sets of photos.

-YC
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">YC,

Your comment in the first para is not quite correct. They do actually represent how bright the flashlights light up at night and does not depend on how long you've been in the dark as the images have been captured by a camera which does not need to 'get used to the time in darkness' nor need to adjust their lens to the brightness'. It just captures the light images and are intended for use as comparison between the different lights in exactly the same environment.

The guide comment is indeed accurate
smile.gif
. Compare apples with apples, not apples with pears ;-)

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Nerd:
Could be a faulty light you gotten.. or that there is some high resistance part used somewhere in the light... manufacturing error, which still means faulty light....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">How does one prove/show it is faulty? I've heard dealings with Emissive is pretty slow
yellowsleep.gif
(and they want $5 for any warrantee issues!!!).

Anyone been able to find any information on their 3-4 month old single page temporary site?
confused.gif
frown.gif
Does this mean that when and if their site comes up again, it will be fully featured and have all the FAQs that everyone would need?
yellowlaugh.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Randy: I hope it is faulty so I can get a replacement
wink.gif
Freight is a bugger though!

notos&w

Enlightened
Originally posted by ChrisM:
huh...
I had (briefly) a blue X5T and although the room was not totally dark when I turned it on, it was dimmer than my 2LED PR based mod I did myself. So, I sold it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PM sent