Anyone use/have one of those HDS lights in banner?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see these banners here that have these HDS lights advertised. They look cool but I have yet to hear what anyone thinks of them. They are certainly pricey! 160 bucks - ouch. That ActionLight 100 is $240! Yikes! Can anyone tell me anything about them?

nethiker

Enlightened
Re: Anyone use/have one of those HDS lights in ban

Lots of good info here on CPF. Search with "HDS" and you'll find several threads active now.

These lights are new and are shipping slowly as production ramps up. I ordered in december and have not yet received confirmation that my light is ready. The reports I have read are very positive. Can't wait for mine. Click on the banner ad or one of Henry's posts to link to the HDS website, lots of good info there too.

Greg

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there somewhere I can see beamshots from them?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

benchmark light. It's my favorite, and i have the basic 60(4 level) model! (i ill be ordering a ultimate 60 soon though) tough, great single button UI,easy to use. Beam quality as good or better then many bigger high end light's. very special light for almost any use. VDG

batterystation

Enlightened

My first one was a Basic 42 and I got to say, it blows away everything else I have that I thought was so great and it is only the 42 model. The more I play/work with this light, the more I am impressed with the features and quality. This is really something. I am going to have to sell another Surefire to get the 60 model. This light also works fantastic with the rechargeable RCR-123A batteries.
Henry has really done it.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoa, don't tell me that! I might have to get one!!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
batterystation said:
My first one was a Basic 42 and I got to say, it blows away everything else I have that I thought was so great and it is only the 42 model. The more I play/work with this light, the more I am impressed with the features and quality. This is really something. I am going to have to sell another Surefire to get the 60 model. This light also works fantastic with the rechargeable RCR-123A batteries.
Henry has really done it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD!
you speak the truth bro. I guess I willl need to call ya and tryout those r123's you got! VDG

P.S. love the pelican 1010 case and PP foam for my HDS!!! fit's perfect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice! But prohibitivley expensive. 160-240 bucks for 60 Lumens? Ouch! A SF G2 is 34 bucks for 65 lumens - AND there will be a 5W 65Lumen LED drop in for it here soon.

Sorry, I know its nice, but what they're asking is ridiculous.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
Nice! But prohibitivley expensive. 160-240 bucks for 60 Lumens? Ouch! A SF G2 is 34 bucks for 65 lumens - AND there will be a 5W 65Lumen LED drop in for it here soon.

Sorry, I know its nice, but what they're asking is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BOG 5W setup will NOT be for the G2. HDS is half the size and the G2 has only one level of output. Runtime is much less with a G2. There are pro's and con's for any light out there. I own a G2 with a 3W drop in and I love it BUT I can't wear it on my side at work because its too big and noticable.

Food for thought,
Jeff

nethiker

Enlightened

To maximize your buck per lumen I'd recommend a Thor.

Sorry, it may be ridiculous to you, but all those who have been waiting months would disagree. Actually, compared to the price of other lights, I'd say that HDS is pretty reasonable if you consider it the best.

Greg

Hans

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. The HDS offers a combination of features that are pretty unusual such as small size and adjustable light levels. There are plenty of situations where a G2 is just about the last light I would like to use - and where a HDS with its features is ideal.

Hans

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
nethiker said:To maximize your buck per lumen I'd recommend a Thor.

[/ QUOTE ] Or maybe a cheap gasmantle lantern .-)
The HDS EDC lights are nothing for people who are seeeking the highest lumen per money value.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 265 is for GT gauranted tint most have oner have not got it because the EDC has had great tint's from the get go.
so let' say $195 lionheart's cub's that japenese itihsi(SP what ever have be far more 250 -300, for a limted procduction light yuo my wory about messing up, where the EDC is for it's size mor veratile and imho better made
the many other light's regardless of the cost.

I would go try to find a light as small and bright,of such workmanship, with the feature's the HDS has for that price, regardless of size
I havn't seen one. VDG