• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S mint VIP w/rare UX1J... SOLD

cy

Flashaholic
F/S mint VIP w/rare UX1J, currently best 3watt available. gain output without runtime reduction with this killer bin. comes with usual bare spots on selector.

VIP's board won't support 5watt luxeon, so UX1J 3watt gives highest performance possible for VIP.

$235 shipped usps conus w/tracking, insurance is extra. I cannot be responsible for loss.

Reduced price to $235.. SOLD....

first to post "I'll take it" without change gets it. Please PM for PP info.

vip.jpg

cy

Flashaholic
Re: F/S mint VIP w/rare UX1J

Price lowered to $235 for VIP with Killer UX1J luxeon

stein

Newly Enlightened

cy-
What did you do to make everyone boycott your recent sales?
You've posted some great items lately that aren't selling.
I wish I had some cash to spend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cy

Flashaholic

since UX1J emitter has the same vf as original VIP TWOJ emitter. Runtime should remain aprox. same. please note vf bins are part of luxeon lottery.

Now if you were to compare against UX1L or UX1K. brightness would be higher, but runtime would go down due to higher vf.

note lumens increase will be one increment only. to get a huge difference you would need to go with a 5watt. but for lights like VIP and lionheart. UX1J currently will give the maximum possible performance increase.

So far three Ubin codes have surfaced. UX1J, UX1L and yesterday UX1K.

UX1J would be the most desirable, even if UX1H surfaces. when emitter reaches H levels, factoring for further vf drop. safety of luxeon starts entering the picture.

with VIP using li-ion is not an option, but if one was to use li-ion. Jbin would the bin of choice.

further feedback is coming in that top performer in terms of output have occured in 3watts from J or K bin. H bin seems to be in lower range of output.

This killer Ubin VIP is still available!!!

ux1j.JPG

cy

Flashaholic

UX1J VIP measures:

1315 milliamps H
414 M
34 L

Surefire CR123 measured 2.879V after checking as measured by Fluke 87

VIP still available... can't figure out why someone has not jump on this sweet VIP!

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast

The premise that Vf J bins will outperform H bins within a given flux bin seems to be based on the observations of one very well respected modder WRT the lots he has had exposure too. I doubt that this is a very large sample size, and might not be enough to base a "rule of thumb" on. It might well hold up were someone able to sample a large number of lots, but it might not.

I have a couple of TX1H (only H bins I've played with) emitters that are almost 10% brighter in a DB 1000 than the TXOJ on a McGizmo Wiz2 1000 I have.

The only point being that there is enough variability within a given flux bin that saying an H bin will underperform a J or K bin may not serve well.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I'll take it. I have incredably high expectations of this light. The 1st thing I'll do is put this on the meter and do a runtime test in Med, then High and compare it to my other (2) VIP lights.

cy

Flashaholic

SOLD pending bringing expectations down to what actually will be delivered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif