• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 5 watt Luxeon custom for sale

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
It can use either a single lithium ion 1400 mAh battery or 3 rechargable AAA batteries. It comes with 2 lithium ion batteries and the charger. Here is a link to the photos (there are 4 pictures):
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ericmiller123/detail?.dir=c909&.dnm=e8c6.jpg&.src=ph
The circuit is very robust and efficient. The step-up switcher frequency is 600 KHz and it does it's job very well; about 85 to 90 percent efficient. It supplies the Luxeon with just slightly more than 5 watts. The run time is about an hour with the lithium ion and about 25 minutes with AAA rechargeables (the AAA batteries would run it for longer but the internal resistance of them reduce the continuous run time). This flashlight get's pretty warm but not even close to unbearable. I'll have exact temp. readings using my infared thermometer. I am using a 5 watt Luxeon from bin# UWOT. Let's just say this is a whole lot of light for such a small package.

My asking price: $125.00

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.K. $125.00 and no bites yet. Soooo... How about $99.00?

Nice low price for something you can't get in stores and can run for over 300 times with 1 battery, super bright 120 Lumens, and fits in your pocket. No expensive lithium disposable batteries and if you want replacement rechargeable lithium ion cells for this flashlight they can be found for less than 3 bucks a piece.
Any comments, concerns, and/or questions that might help me or you, please let me know.

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened
What's your solution for making up the difference in length between the 3AAA battery holder and the 18500s?
I've found that 4 dimes tape to the end with electrical tape works well.

cy

Flashaholic
I'm more interested in your circuit. can you post some pic's?

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see some 5 watt micro-flashlights that are better looking and completely custom, so I see I'm not going to get as far as I hoped with this idea.
I forgot to mention that the battery uses a pvc plastic sleeve to shim and also helps insulate the battery from the heat of the case.
Anyways, my question is what do you feel is a good price that you would be willing to pay for one of these?

PKT

Newly Enlightened
MillerMods
I am interested in your charger and batts
would you consider selling these separate?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see someone else from Cincy. I went to UC.

Anyway, could you tell me a little more about the light - I am not familiar with the host you started with, reflector, etc. Is it a 25mm dia reflector ? What did the light start life as ?

Thanks and welcome to CPF - tough group here sometimes, but they warm up eventually.