Large-scale LED array?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I spotted this oddity on the highway today.

It appears to be some sort of power LED array for... construction? Admittedly, it's difficult to make out details (the photo came out amazingly well given that both vehicles were moving at ~60MPH).

Uncropped image.

Can anyone ID this thing? It seems possible that it's LED - the array housings are relatively shallow. The size of each array element is about right for Luxeons with optics/reflectors...

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what you have there is toxic, and dangerous.
It will have all kinds of evil hard to pronounce metals, and will emit large quanities of radiation of various wavelengths./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif
You should drive it immediataly to the ONLY safe dump site for this type of materials, I would tell you its location but its top secret, (something about area 300). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
you will have to drop it off at my house, and then when I am sure I am not being followed, I will properly dispose it for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
You're certainly right about the Color Kinetics modules, but I suspect the lift is something else - not of that much interest to us at this point anyway.

The actual "light bars" look as though they permanently mount on something else.