Any FREE Pocket PC - Map or GPS Programs?

jtice

Flashaholic
I like to do alot with GPS navigation, topo maps, and areial photos.

I have a Garmin Etrex Vista, and Toshiba e800 Pocket PC.
With an adaptor, the Garmin should be able to connect to the PPC.

I have alot of great software for my desktop and laptop, some even free. Like USAPhotoMaps.

I have been making the maps as jpegs with USAPhotoMaps and then just viewing them as photos on the pocket pc, but that doesnt give me navigation on the PPC.

I was wondering if there were any free map programs out there for the Pocket PC,
I would love to have something like USAPhotoMaps on my PPC.

Thanks.
~John

Frangible

Enlightened
I've only used Pocket Streets, which is ok, other than it doesn't have routing. It's extremely awkward to use a PDA + GPS, in either the car, or on the go (and good luck there, the PDA will get maybe 2-3 hours of battery life running GPS software and communicating with the GPS). I also tried some other one, which I can't remember the name of... it did routing, but was pretty bad other than that and the maps sucked.

Pocket Streets used to be free, but now is a commerical product. I think it comes with MS Streets and Trips but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm not really impressed with the usability of any PDA->GPS solution, and I'm much happier with my Legend C now than trying to use my iPaq.

jtice

Flashaholic
I wont have access to the net from the truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

This will have to be stand alone software, working with the gps.
or at least a map database on the PPC.