Pelican watertight cases ??

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a couple Pelican cases recently. I just got a couple more today and one of the micro-cases (model 1010) which states it is submersible to 3 feet totally failed at less than 3 inches and not even fully submersed. It was in a sink for only about 10 seconds and came up half full of water! Since I'm not that familiar with the micro case line I am guessing something is missing on this one. There is no liner at all around the edge where you would expect to see an O-ring or rubber of some sort. Does anyone else have any of their Micro-cases? Does it have rubber anywhere other than some foam in to top of the lid?

vtunderground

Enlightened
No O-ring? That's a problem. Call Pelican, I'm sure they can sort it all out.

I've had nothing but good luck with Pelican cases. I accidently dropped a Pelican case off a 10' tower - it then rolled down a hill, bounced several times, dropped down a vertical rock cliff, rolled down another hill, and ended up in a river. The laptop computer inside was unharmed.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
idleprocess - Thanks very much! That is exactly what I thought - it's missing the liner. Appreciate the pics to clarify that. And thanks vtunderground for the story - that's amazing and more in line with what I expect from Pelican.