BTG - 10 Mod

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a Lithium powered BTG-10 by Leadlight
that I got from Z-Bolt. I use the simple
pot mod, and I'm very pleased with the results.

lasermod0yo.jpg

lasermod32xl.jpg

I wish I could get better pics, but my Kodak sucks at
taking laser pics. I dont know the mW but in the dark
(like outside darkness) it leaves a VERY solid line.

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Very cool, thanks for sharing.
What are the dimensions of the BTG-10? Do you have any idea of it output and how hard was it to get inside of?

Jack

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dimensions - 4.15 in. Length, 0.85 in. Diameter
after playing with it for a little while I realized there wasn't a easy way to get in there.
i used the way akm47 did in his post...here
after I modded it the pot was a little loose so i put a dab of epoxy to hold it in place.
epoxied the hole backup, sanded the hole down, and placed the sticker over the hole.
Being a laser noob i have no idea about the output, but if you know a way to guesstimate please share.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
go ahead, let me know how it turns out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
I just realized that these look just like the Bigha Jasper... does anyone know if the internals are identical?

Raccoon

Enlightened
Interesting pics nemul. Are you sure this is a Leadlight though?

PS. Thought you should know this forum is relatively free of gimongus sig pics... like yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif They really serve no purpose and break up the thread of discussion.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Raccoon said:
Interesting pics nemul. Are you sure this is a Leadlight though?

PS. Thought you should know this forum is relatively free of gimongus sig pics... like yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif They really serve no purpose and break up the thread of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's says Leadlight on the sticker.
if scrolling 2 lines down to see the next post troubles that
much I'll remove it. 350 x 125 55KB is not "gimongus" unless
you have a 640x480 resolution monitor.. in that case, sorry..

back to the laser...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IIRC Noah (BigHa) said they used a similar housing for their Jasper as some other manufacturers, but I do not remember if it was leadlight. Anyhow ... the internals are different he said, and the Jasper has that red LED:

Jasper.jpg

bernhard

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nemul said:
Is that jasper mod-able?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really want to know that too! Since Jasper is really efficient and has high quallity MCA.

Im sure this laser can be modified for REAL power.
Affcourse noah says thatit cannot be modified becuase there is no pot, yeah right that wioll stop us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Did anyone open it? It maybe has a pot too because Noah says they "calibrate evry laser", but if it doesnot it is easy to solder few resistors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Raccoon

Enlightened
I would like a side by side comparison of the Jasper and the Leadlight, if anyone is feeling like buying the two.

I am under the impression that Bigha custom orders their Jasper from Leadlight in the same fashion AtlasNova orders theirs (quality MCA).

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats kinda what it looks like, but i think the Jasper has the 110 board (red led) no?

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
If it's a 110 board, it has a pot, and is much easier to resistor mod. At least from the descriptions I've seen.

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
My BTG - 10 arrived today

Well, I just got it in, and it's a really nice unit. It read slightly under 4mW. There is a LOT more room to put a probe down to tap out the barrel. I'm going to adjust the pot on it sometime tomorrow, and I'll report the mW gain.

There is a considerable amount of aluminum at the body where the barrel is. This unit (with a little Arctic Silver) might make for a decent high powered (longer duty cycle) mod, with a lot more material to absorb heat. I'll post more when I've finished.

SuperBert

Enlightened
Re: My BTG - 10 arrived today

if you do end up tapping the front cap out/off, post some pics at different angles and see if there is any way to adjust the alignment of the diode and the crystals like there is on the old style leadlights! Thanks!