Green Laser (Snow Scene)

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
We are about 2/3 through a heavy snow storm, already 24" on ground and still coming down.

Poked camera and green laser out the door, Beeeautiful!!

Cars in lower half have a couple feet of snow on top. Roof of house where the laser is hitting is 250 yards away...

fca1198e.jpg

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Y2Kirk

It's a 5mw $110 eBay special held about 2ft above the camera.
Where the beam enters the picture at the top is about 2yds, where it hits the house is 250yds.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The laser pointers are limited by the FDA to 5mw; that is what they term acceptable brightness to prevent eye damage

The human eye sensitivity peaks near the Green-Yellow portion of the spectrum and loses sensitivity as you go up or down in wavelength

Both the Red and the Green laser pointers are actually the same brightness, its just that we "see" the green one as much brighter

I must say that if anyone does purchase one of those "turbo-charged" green lasers pointers from some of the people here on the net; PLEASE be EXTREMELY carefull with it - its VERY easy to accidently shine it on a very bright reflecting surface and get hit in the eyes, remember - you only have ONE pair of them

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I had a CW green laser pointer that did just over 10mW, but I think the cleaners got it.
frown.gif

Hope they don't laser their eyes out with it like Mike says!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

BTW Whiskypapa, very nice picture you took there!!
grin.gif
I have to wait till we get heavy fog here before the beam shows up like that.
smile.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome pic! and Incredible snowstorm you got there!

Hey Craig!

How much stuff did they steal?

Have you contacted the cleaners to see if you can get any of your stuff back?

Maybe the threat of a lawsuit and a robbery report to the local police would help in the returining of your stuff.

Hope you get all of it back

Alex

Aeryk

Newly Enlightened
I would love to get one of these, I just cant justify paying $100+ for what would basically be a toy. I think I'll wait a year or so till they come down in price like the red ones did.

Aeryk

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Well I paid $160 for it then had around $60 paid to Dwight Finney to service it.....now it's broken, and it has never been bright enough to do that. The dust in the room was so dim that a digital camera was unable to pick up its glimmer.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfort, most people don't understand how dangerous something is until they have had first hand experience with it and lived

Like my grandfather finding the hooks that hold the old fashioned belts together in the shop

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a way to broaden the beam on a laser? That would make for one heck of a long distance spotter, and be a little safer, I think, in the event you accidentally reflect it off of something.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen a green laser the military/police force are developing that uses optics to make the beam a spot light. They pulse it and shine into the eyes of suspects to blind them so they give up.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
theres a guy in the dealer forum selling a 15mw green laser. wonder how much brighter that will be? shame its £250, or id buy one and see...