• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired questions about a maglite mod??

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I am probably the newest newbie on the block, and I'm pretty new in the flashlight craze, but I have decided to mod my black 3D maglite to a luxeonIII with a hotlips heatsink, and UCL lens. I took apart my black maglite 3D to get an idea of what I'm up against, and I encountered what looks to be like a problem. In MrBulks directions, there must be two wires soldered into the switch housing. One goes to that little metal strip, and the other to the very bottom where there is a metal contact plate. However, the wire that is to be soldered onto the metal contact plate has nowhere to go once the switch is slid back into the plastic harness. Am I missing something here? I haven't yet started the mod (or bought any of the parts for it...) but hopefully this is easily completed. Also I do not know very much about binning so does anybody have a recommendation for a good (bright) white LED with excellent throw? Dang this is long. Sorry!

-DanK

PS I'm gonna call it the dankneedle

emrbrtn

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF
This should be in the plain old Custom and Mod not the B/S/t one. Maybe a mod can move it?