Dorcy 1 watt 2AA luxeon exists!!!!

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
i thought about gettin a few for mods. It has a Lux1 batwing, I wonder how a Lux3 HD would do in it?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too was thinking about modding it somehow. The only problem is obtaining it. I dont want to go to the trouble of ordering it online though.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, i've never seen it out anywhere.. (wal-mart, target, k-mart, ect.)

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
In Canada, the dorcy 3AAA and 2AA luxeon flashlights are both availible at futureshop and bestbuy for 39 Cdn.

Vbeez

Enlightened
I bought the similar light about a year ago in Japan. Mine definetely not Dorcy brand, can't remember what the brand is. Have no black rubber thing. Just plain hi gloss anodize finished.
A nice light with cheap batt to run with. Perfect candidate for mod. Anybody know who make them ? Shykuang ?

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the review IMAGO states that this is a direct drive model (no boost circuit). Obviously that's a mistake. You don't get very much light at 3v.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The only drawback I can see is lack of a nice switch like the 3AAA version has. A light that long to have the same switch as the cheaper 1AAA dorcy isn't impressive.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
bright guy has them, under 25 dollars

[/ QUOTE ] Dorcy 2AA 1 Watt LED @ BrightGuy

Doesn't say anything about Regulation. As far as who makes it says Made In China.

[ QUOTE ]
Specification Description
Battery Type AA
Battery Number 2 AA, Included
Dimensions 1" head dia x 6" long
Lamp Type 1 Watt Luxeon
Light Output approx 20 lumens
Weight w/ Batteries 3.9 oz
Run Time over 2 hours
Focus Type Wide
On/Off TailCap (momentary)
Material Aluminum
Made in China
BrightGuy Price: $24.50

[/ QUOTE ]

For $3.50 more I'd go for the Streamlight 4AA LUXEON LED ProPolymer Flashlight Regulated, Lifetime warranty, Streamlight Quality (Assembled in USA) Probably not too much bigger

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody compared this Dorcy 2AA lux to the Streamlight Jr. Lux? Any qualities to reccommend the Dorcy over the Streamlight, which is only $3.50 more, other than being a little shorter?

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Dorcy's marketing department sucks. You can't find the Dorcy 2 AA Luxeon lights in Canada either. I've got a SL Jr. Luxeon and it's great, especially with NiMH cells. Bright and cheap. The Dorcy light will be obsolete before it even hits the shelves.

What I'm *really* looking forward to is the new LRI Photon Proton. 1 AA, dimmable, 60 lumens.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to see it compared against the Cosco 2AA 1.2W Luxeon, now available in black as the Smith & Wesson Galaxy Luxeon. As advised by two forum members, last night I wrapped my Cosco in Scotch friction tape and filed down the washer in th e tail switch so the switch can turn on and off more easily. Even though I'm still waiting on my 27mm reflector and AR glass lens, I'm now so in love with my Cosco that, despite its heaviness and longer-than-desired length, I've made it my EDC beltpouch light...and nabbed two more for $10 each (shipped).

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
What I'm *really* looking forward to is the new LRI Photon Proton. 1 AA, dimmable, 60 lumens.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

only bad thing is their goin get snatched up by pre-orders/CC-orders before I'll ever get my hands on one...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how hard it is to switch out the led thing with a luxIII?

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that too and got happy, till i checked the shipping! *$22*

I hate ppl that do that crap!

I got a NIB Surefire L2 i'll sell
to you for $65 plus $100 s&h.. lmao