Bonfire

flashlightsaregreat

Newly Enlightened
I have had the bonfire for a while. It got three yellow leds, you can set to low or high, which might be good for summertime bugs. Doesn't seem to be the most sturdy light. Don't like the linear design, cord fits in two slots, very easy to pull them out by accident. You might be better off with a energizer folding led. Walmart sells them for real cheap about $8.00.

PhotonRanger

Newly Enlightened
The Streamlight Syclone is a great camping light. Rugged, waterproof, variable angle head. Flip the switch one way, and get a bright flashlight, the other to get yellow LED for tent lighting. If it's still on sale at BrightGuy, the cost is very close to the Bonfire tent light for a whole lot more flashlight. I put the translucent top off a Wasabi container on it to diffuse the light for tent use. Some Fellows WrightRight on the lens helps the white beam a lot. I've got three: bedside, car and camping/emergency box.

WaltH

Enlightened
I've had a bonfire for about 2 years now. I like the longevity of the light in low mode and the readability in bright mode. I'll agree that the cord attachment is a bit of a pain, and that the light could be better built. I had to fold up a matchbook cover last outing to put under the rubber cap to allow the batteries to make contact.

Even with all this I would still recommend.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd stay clear of the Bonfire. It's awfully big for light using only 2 AA batts. The switch and battery contact are quirky. The lanyard attachment method is worse than useless. I say that because with some difficulty you can hang the light by the lanyard, but then it can easily come undone, fall and break.

Just used my Bonfire while camping this memorial day weekend. Only good thing about it is the two levels of yellow, bug avoiding, light.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I love my Bonfire.
It's a really pleasant yellow light designed to replace dangerous candle lanterns with the added benefit of not attracting bugs. There is a trick to the lanyard. Attach one of the loops to a side, run the lanyard around and hook it through the other side, then pass the other loop through the loop that is hooked onto the light. It takes a little playing around to get the light to balance so that it hangs straight down but then it's rock solid.
I bought it to use as a light for my tent but I find myself using it quite often as a flashlight because I really like the nice cheery yellow glow it creates.

Saaby

Flashaholic
If you're feeling real adventuresome we (Ok, I) are looking for somone to get a Coleman Tent light ($10.50 For non-remote model or $ for a model with a cool keyless enrty style remote) and modify it to have LED instead of Xenon lighting (I think 4 would be the perfect number of LEDs here...)

830-250_x200.jpg

If you are seriously looking for a tent light this one rocks, it has the remote obviously, but it also attaches to your tent using magnets...Heck get two and use one as a psuedo porch light on your tent

Ryan

To buy the Lights

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would agree with all about the cord but it has more problems. Like the switch is really hard to work, the battery cover never works right, and the light cover dosn't stay on. This is one of my more dissapointing buys!