help with 5 MM LEDs

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have searched for some time and could not find the answers to this question...
I am about to purchase several of the un-cut MJ-LEDs and have just read several posts talking of the 26K 5MM units. I am wondering if the 26k and MJ are the same and if not what is the differences?
I assume 26k refers to the MCD output and I am curious as to what the MJ units are rated at if they are different?
Basically if these are different which one is the most bright?....Thanks

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
the MJLEDS are HIGH power LEDs. They will run happily in excess of 100mA, the 26Kmcds are standard 20-25mA LED, and will be VERY UNHAPPY if pushed over 100mA.
Jeff

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know anything about MJLEDs, but I put a 26K into a Dorcy 1AAA which pushed the standard 5 mm LED at about 50 mA. The 26K now shines at about 50 cd off a fresh battery, compared was about 25 cd before.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 26K run DD, getting *** punched by 12V battery in my solitaire mod's are working great and near as bright as a terralux ministar2.(just not the throw)not trouble after 4 weeks. at full charge there a little angerly blue/tourquose(sp)
but man!! it will light up the yard! I think it's as least as reliable as a nichia. VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW this week I intead to the learn the black art of "beam shot's" got my digicam back and really do want to contribute more. any link's to find out how? I am way dumb on this stuff. VDG

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I see the difference now and appreciate the help. I never realized the 26K units had such a low mA rating. If all things are within desired operating ranges which unit will be brighter between the 26K and MJ LEDs.
If the 26k units are said to produce 26000 mcd can anyone give a guess as to what mcd the MJ puts out?