Finished!!

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Well I finally finished my mag mod. I had a little trouble with the soldering, and I ended up with some nice fat blobs next to my LED but they do little to impair it's shineability. The stock lens on here is a piece of crap though so my UCL should be here by tomorrow. It has decent throw, and definitely out throws my mag 4 "D" light by a good margin and my poor little inova feels misplaced..but she knows she is still my b#$%h /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
Anyways I would like to thank everybody who helped me out with this: 3rd_shift, Mr. bulk, dat2zip, wtraymond, former mag user, modamag, yaesumofo, garageboy, scudinc, b2eze, photonfanatic, mrtwotone, sniper, and finally my publicist Melanie...jk. Thanks to all you guys I now have a light sabre. I will try and put up a picture of it or two but I don't have a URL to connect to so I dunno if that will happen. Besides you've all seen a maglite. You guys are all pimps woo!!!!

DanK

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Oh yeah...I was just wondering...How would my light function if it were powered by..say..5 Cr123's? Would it be much more powerful? Or perhaps too powerful for itself...? That would leave me with...1..2...5 more for Inova to live off of.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Alright after looking at my batteries and reading that they are 3 volts a piece, I have decided that it is probably not wise to run 15 volts to a LUX III. Not to answer my own question or anything...

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boo!
Glad it turned out A-O-K. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you want to run different types of batteries in the same mag host, try a buck circuit from www.taskled.com
This is cpf'er georges80's site.
His 1000 milliamp buck regulator circuit is quite universal from 5-16 volts to a Luxeon3.