What is your favorite laser and why?

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
Currently, I only have a couple of greenies and reds.... this is my favorite:

My BTG-10 from Z-Bolt... it's short and stubby, very easy to carry around with me, and is pretty damn bright.
btg10-4.jpg

I bought a high-spec from Arnold, cause I want a stable high-output laser without having to touch anything, but apparently it didn't make the trip and I need to return it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Jasper.jpg

Jasper always.
Because ... it uses CR123, is feedback regulated, doesn't need a duty cycle, is high-quality built and isn't too bright for real usage.

bernhard

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
xeno: Nice!! I like the small size!! what batt does it use? AAA?

Bernhard: looks cool too, but unlike you, I'm against 123a! No I won't come to the lithium side! You can't make me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My favorite laser because it's my only one is the 5mW red I got for $14 in 1998. 2xAAA and it's bright and all black brass construction. Nice!! It's survived lots of falls and walks it off!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Isaac ... those two use the same housing, so xeno's should also use the CR123 !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernie

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
Yup, it uses the CR123 and is the same housing and assembly, minus the feedback regulator.

After about 5 minutes mine drops to around 17mW and will stay there until the battery dies without any damage to the unit. The unit does get very warm after about 15 minutes, but there is enough aluminum in the housing to effectively dissipate much of the heat (the battery compartment stays relatively cool near the tailcap so it's effectively wicking away the heat. I've drained two batteries, once by accident.

With a new battery >30mW for a few minutes on/minute off duty cycle, or after 5 minutes or so drops to >15mW continuous and will stay there until the battery dies.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernhard: DOH!! !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Perhaps when greenies come down to ~20 bucks I'll pick one up. Or when I get a high paying job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nothing high power just green. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Isaac ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif ... greenies shall be quite cheap soon I think. IIRC they are at about $60 right now for a <5mW unit ...
bernie

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I won't even say what my favourite laser is because I might get hung...what comes a close second is the yellow DPSS laser I got in mid-September of last year. I strongly suspect CNI as the manufacturer.
I like it because the color is unusual and probably rare. Is there anybody else here on CPF with a yellow laser?

ydpss1.jpg

When I get my CNI MBL-II 473nm blue DPSS laser next month, it will very likely become my new favourite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TurtleDude

Newly Enlightened
my favorite would have to be my 100mw red cutting laser, no pictures cause its out for repairs right now but when ig et it back ill get some

Goldmagnet

Newly Enlightened
Leadlight 105 AltasNova

50mw.jpg

Strong and reliable. I have modified a 110 to 75 mw and that is a beast...

Gold

Spec

Newly Enlightened
I can make you a ribbon for a compass 315 head... I think thats what your asking for...