Good battery tester?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'd like to get a good battery tester that won't break the bank.

Foremost I'd like to be able to test the standard AA, AAA, C, D, etc.

Here are the other batteries that it would be nice but not necessary to test:

4.5V (for Petzl headlamp)
2016/2032 (for Photon light)
2CR5 for Digital camera

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sam

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magic:
I'd like to get a good battery tester that won't break the bank.

Foremost I'd like to be able to test the standard AA, AAA, C, D, etc.

Here are the other batteries that it would be nice but not necessary to test:

4.5V (for Petzl headlamp)
2016/2032 (for Photon light)
2CR5 for Digital camera

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sam
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about that good old standby from R.Shk. that tests all sizes/voltages under load ($15.-cat.# 22-090)?
-if you're in the US.,-that is
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Try Radioshack if you have one in your area, they have a great selection !!

Darell

Flashaholic
I'll drag this thread up again, since I'm now in the market for just such an animal. I can't find this 220-0090 charger in the catalog, or online, but there is at least mention of it online. Here is the list of how much current is used to test each type of battery. No pictures though. Do they still sell 'em? I'll drop by my local store and find out soon.

Current Drain During Test for each type of battery is as follows:

Battery Size Current

1.5V (AA, C, D) 150mA
AAA and N 50mA
Lithium 3V 1mA
Button Cell 1.5V 1mA
6V Photo 10mA
9V 10mA
12V 10mA
15V 10mA
22.5V 10mA

Darell

Flashaholic
Yikes. Glad a called. Don't bother hunting that particular tester down any more. All gone, and there ain't no more coming. No replacement either. All they offer is non-loaded testers now. You know...'cause that's what the public wants.

OK, what now? $15 sounds about right. Anything else I can look for?

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
All they offer is non-loaded testers now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darell, don't; I repeat *don't* accept the word of Radio Shack's clerks. At most, until it's time to check out, they are little more than a nuisance, and they don't have answers.

Check out this one.

Even their cheap model # 22-096 tests under load, although they run only three test loads. D, C, AA are all tested with the same load. AAA is tested under a lighter load. The 9 volt is tested under another.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Yikes. Glad a called. Don't bother hunting that particular tester down any more. All gone, and there ain't no more coming. No replacement either. All they offer is non-loaded testers now. You know...'cause that's what the public wants.

OK, what now? $15 sounds about right. Anything else I can look for?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darellguy-My Rad shack stores tell me the analog meter (#22090) is not discontinued at all. (They had 4 of 'em in stock), and 3 of the digital battery testers (#22-091)

It has been my experience that some salespeople @ Rad. Shk. don't even know the difference between a battery checker. and a battery tester, (the latter will test under load), so don't believe everything they tell 'ya.
tongue.gif