How do you find a specific bin?

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a specific Luxeon bin, where do you go to find it?

The LED in question is a Lux III cyan/lambertian emitter, flux S+, color 3 or 4.

All I see on electronics suppliers' sites is the part number, no choice of bin.

Scott

Zackerty

Enlightened
You order a couple, you get them, you say, "Hmm, this is not what I want.." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And so you order some more, and you get them, and..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need one or two, you are in trouble. If you are willing to buy a reel (I think 250) or a partial reel (I think 100) then you can call Future and tell them exactly what you want. They may or may not have it, but might have something close (such as T vs S bin).

If they do not have it, you can ask them to keep looking for you, or you keep calling back once / week.

My experience with this in the past is that there is a nominal fee premium of something like $ 1 - 2 / emitter for each spec you want in the binning.

It might be easier to do this with Stars as they tend to come in packs of 8 x (something). Once you have the stars, then you can take the emitter off of the board, with care.

An alternative is to talk to ETG Tech, they are the distributor for Cree. If you can make these work, they are better setup to deal with cutting a small number (I think 10 minimum) from any given reel if they have it. These are 1 watt parts BTW.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a small personal stash of S2J cyans that are more cyan like cyan really should be. Not too blue, but a lot less green than most Luxeons. If that is what you are looking for I could let one go. I made a post in your other thread.

Best bet is to look around and perhaps email some online distributers of luxeons like mark hannah, etc. They might be able to help you if they have that particular bin on hand...