Inova T series water depth?

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
The X5 is rated at 150 feet for water submersion.

How far is the T series rated? I do not see it listed anywhere and flashlightreview.com only says dunkable.

But it seems to be built the exact same as the X5 for it's parts except for the clicky switch. To me anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea. But I am wondering about the Inova T series specifically the T1. I can not see anywhere where it says how deep it can go.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guesstimate that the clicky kills off the water resistance somewhat. Couldn't guess how much, though, I don't have one. .

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
the rubber material around the clicky seems to be of the same quality as the X5 rubber from what I can tell

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the clickies I've seen have small areas that aren't sealed well, as they have to be able to move.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I took the tail end of the light off and when I push in the clicky switch I don't even see anything move or push the batteries forward so I don't even know how the switch works.

flashlightreviews.com says it is "dunkable"

I sent an email off to Inova and I'll see what they say and post it here.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Quickbeam only says that it's dunkable because Inova doesn't specifically say that it's waterproof to however many feet. To my knowlege, most reviewers will say that something is water resistant by dunking it in a sink or toilet or something, usually not diving with the light or taking it to a depth more than you'd find dropping the light into a deep puddle. Personally, I wouldn't say that a light is waterproof unless it can fall in the pool and then come back okay. 6 feet, I guess. I've taken both of my X5T's down there with no side effects. .

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
i'd be happy if it could be used in a pool. but would prefer it to be able to be dropped in a shallow lake by accident

cslinger

Enlightened
I know I read somewhere in a testimonal where somebody dropped an Inova light either an X5 or T series in the Chesapeake bay and recovered it like a day later and it still worked just fine.

I cannot find the link to the evidence but I know I read this someplace.

Chris

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
E-mail response from Inova.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your T1 and T2.
We do not rate any of the T series for diving or underwater usage. The entire T series are weatherproof, including the rechargeable T4, and will have no issues in rain, snow, or any other adverse conditions. The T1, T2, and T3 will survive a dunk in water, but are not waterproof lights.

IF you are looking for a good leather holster I suggest you contact Stallion Leather (414) 764-7126. Them make both nylon and leather holsters for INOVA products.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime with further questions.

Regards,
--
Matthew S. Wolfe
Emissive Energy Corp.
Law Enforcement / Military Division
401.294.2030 ext. 222
[email protected]