SF E2L

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi. I'm looking for a high quality luxeon light, small to medium size, with good throw. Needs to work well with some type of rechargeables. Am considering a SF E2L, along with AW's protected R123 charger and cells.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bro has a E2L. I would definately reccomend it. Great runtime, and good throw. It is a great light. You should consider PM6 3W, but it is a little bigger. It has more thro though. But yeah, E2L is a great buy.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for Pelican M6 LED Lux-3.

SF E2L will meet your needs two though, but at a higher price.

LightHearted

Enlightened
The M6 LED sounds like a great light. I don't think it can handle rechargeables though. I've heard others mention that the KL1 head on the E2L can take up to 9v, so rechargeables should be no problem.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2L seems to fit the bill. I EDC the older style KL1 on my E2e body, and am running it off 2xR123s. They seem to go on forever and its also my first 'grab light' cos its guilt free lumens! The newer KL1 should give you better throw than my older style one too, so you can't go wrong there!

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The M6 3W might be able to use a Pila 168S, but since it's expecting a relatively steady 6V via 2x CR123A, I doubt it.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PM-6 on the Pila 168s needs a competent plotting of its runtime. However, I've been running mine on a Pila 168s all week. It's just I don't run it enough to tell much. But so far, so good.

Tactical Warehouse's last E2L "Error" is meeting me in Florida on Tuesday. This is the first Surefire I've bought in almost 2 years. These have a KL4 5w with a reflector. It was a factory error as I heard it and thus the name.

Britt