26k led'ed vs stock Nightblaster cliplights (pics

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
26k led\'ed vs stock Nightblaster cliplights (pics

Most of you have by now seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif these cheesy 3 led cliplights at Walmart for about $8 each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Below are pics and beamshots of what they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif and what they could be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
The much brighter one is the 26k led modded one in all the pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Enjoy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
DSC00468.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 26k led\'ed vs stock Nightblaster cliplights (

Nice! Looks whiter too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I took my nightblaster apart and bypassed the resistors in it and direct drive the LEDs with 3 nimh batteries... considerably brighter now. I can remove the jumper and return it to standard resistored mode if I want any time. I also picked up a red version of this light but haven't looked at the resistors but bet they are higher resistance.

sniper

Enlightened
Re: 26k led\'ed vs stock Nightblaster cliplights (pics

[ QUOTE ]
3rd_shift said:
Most of you have by now seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif these cheesy 3 led cliplights at Walmart for about $8 each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Below are pics and beamshots of what they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif and what they could be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Soooo..Oudt mit der oldt, und in mit der new 26,000 mcds?? Izzat it? Maybe I'll try one. The wife says I just got a bunch of the little shiners in the mail. O Boy, wait until dark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

This little mod does need some soldering skill, but still not too bad to do.
I would have done a Dorcy aaa side by side, but just went ahead and upgraded all 3 of my little dorcys before I knew it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
The beams from all the 26k's are definitely whiter than either the Nichias in the Dorcy's or the whatchamacallits that are in the wallyworld /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif Nightblasters.
------------------------------------------------------
Now, I'm thinking about reducing resistance to the leds in the Nightblasters.
One 26k Dorcy is matching the output of 3 26k leds in a Nightblaster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Sweet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I did a Priceton tec Attitude with the 26k mod not so long ago, and personally do think that it is one of the best bang of a buck mod for 5mm led lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm now going to mod the other Nightblaster with the 26k leds.
One of the "stock" watcha-ma-call-it leds has started strobing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Walmart Nightblasters can't seem to handle nimh aaa batteries like I was using. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

My walmart nightblaster is using 550mah nimh in it with bypassed resistors.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmmmm.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
I probably just had a bad one.

Both my Nightblasters are now doing great with 26k leds in them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Thier performance now more closely matches thier name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If anyone wants 5&1/2 used leds to stomp on, just send me 60 cents paypal for shipping and handling cont. USA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif