Where can I get Streamlight ProPolymer 3C Luxeon?

Steve Andrews

Enlightened
I'm a firefighter in Jersey, UK. I have been asked to recommend a light to be carried in the truck, one per crew member. I think the Streamlight ProPolymer 3C Luxeon would be a good choice, but can't find a dealer who stocks them.
Are they out yet?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked at Brightguy for reference and they don't carry them yet and he seems to have every Streamlight available so I'm guessing it will be hard to find.

I wonder how it compares to 4AA Polypro Luxeon?

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
From everything I've seen/read the 3C has the same head as the 4AA. I have the 4AA and it's amazingly bright and can picture it working very well for fireman use.

You can also get an adapter for the 4AA that will attach it to a fire helmet, so that might be a concideration. The 3C might be a slightly better girth for holding on to if you have thick gloves on I suppose. But with the same performance, smaller size and still a 3-4 hour runtime I think the 4AA would be a very good suggestion.

-Brian

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve,

You might want to check the SAFETY RATINGS on the Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon Star (and the upcoming 3C version).

I believe that they do not yet have ANY SAFETY ratings on them.

I would bet that the safety ratings are in the works, as the incandecent version and the multi LED ProPolymer all have this:

Class I, Division 1-Approved for use in hazardous locations; Waterproof; Non-conductive and corrosion-proof; Spring-loaded clip (Except special police model)

The Luxeon Star does NOT YET have this safety rating. I am sure that this is important for a firefighter.

Call Streamlight at 1-800-523-7488
or
e-mail at
[email protected]

To ask them specifically about safety ratings.

haribante

Newly Enlightened
Re: Where can I get Streamlight ProPolymer 3C Luxe

I have 50 of the 3C lux models on order right now. (I'm an industrial reseller, for explosion proof environments) The word from Streamlight is that the first lights will be delievered sometime this week.

I have about 100 of the 4AA lux in stock now and they do indeed have ratings right on the side of each light. Even the packaging doesnt have them, but they are there. I checked with my contact at Streamlight and they ARE rated even though none of their literature says so. I think it was a last minute approval after their literature went to print.

If you would like, email or PM me and I'll let you know when they come in.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got one of the 4AA Luxeon flashlights immediately after they were available, and these early versions had no signs of safety ratings anywhere. I figured that Streamlight was waiting for approval and wanted to get the flashlights to market anyway. It looks like I guessed right.

Bob_Ulhedd

Newly Enlightened

The Streamlight 3C ProPolymer Luxeon is now in stock at brightguy.com. I like this dealer for the excellent service and great prices.

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Bob_Ulhedd said:
The Streamlight 3C ProPolymer Luxeon is now in stock at brightguy.com. I like this dealer for the excellent service and great prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif