• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired QIII DD Copper Heat Sinks SOLD Out

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I have a few (11 to be exact) more heat sinks that are built. They are sorta "Seconds" because of the Stock. See the Images.

DCP_4561b.jpg

DCP_4562b.jpg

DCP_4566b.jpg

DCP_4567b.jpg

DCP_4568b.jpg

DCP_4571b.jpg

DCP_4584b.jpg

DCP_4592b.jpg

Wt: 20 - 25 g

Edit(added): These Heat Sinks are for Newai QIII, DD Luxeon III by Rechargable Li-Ion RCR123 Cell. These things were discussed at length Here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=976757&fpart=all
and Here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=982504&fpart=all

There will be slight degradation in performance (about 2 - 5% because of the impurity in the center) as compared to good stock but.. they are definately much much better than Alluminium Heat Sinks.

<font color="red">$7 Each Shipped Worldwide</font> regular price is $11 - $12 Shipped (As can be seen from the previous runs)
PayPalCash at [email protected]
PayPalCC at [email protected] Add $1.42

Specify CPF_Handle in PP Notes.

Will be shipped using Registered Mail. (it takes about 12 - 30 working Days)

Not Responsible for lost mail, however, will do best to solve the issue.

Edited:: 06/18/05 :: 1 : Subject & Content to Remove Confusion.

Update:: 06/19/05 :: 1 : Finished the HeatSinks & Updated the Images.

Update:: 06/23/05 :: 1 : as Yaesumofo has suggested... For Easy Reference to mod using this heat sink, I am adding a few links to help easy and happy modding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Open QIII by seeing this Link (thanks to eTendue)

Mod Using This Method (thanks to luminaria)

Development of Heat Sink Thread is (its my thread)

& Heat Sinks are Available at (i.e. This Post)

Update:: 07/12/05 :: 1 Thanks for your Support. All of these are gone Now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif CNC Heat Sinks are in Process...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: QIII Cu Heat Sinks SALE... $7 Shipped Worldwide

Viren what do these heat Sinks fit into?
I hate to say it but in my opinion it is that very area on your sinks that appears damaged which is critical. Especially true when mounting (centering) the emitter not an easy thing to do if the surface is uneven, Are these designed to hold stars?
I understand the economy of this very well Raw materials for copper bar in 1.5" material in 12 foot lengths runs over $300.00 in the USA
If your sinks are to be successful you may want to consider making all surfaces as smooth as possible.
I see a lot of effort and I also see much room for improvement even at this price level. My O-Sinks are available for $10.50 (your price +$3.50)with a self centering emitter technology for perfect mounting of emitters every time. Your product needs improvement even at the $7.00 level. Make it perfect and charge more for them.
Good luck with this I will be watching closely as I believe that CPF as a group is very ready to move to copper heat-sinking for their high power LED's.
Good luck
Yaesumofo

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: QIII Cu Heat Sinks SALE... $7 Shipped Worldwid

The QIII uses a Luxeon star, so I think that defect in the middle is probably of minimal consequence - especialy when you consider that the stock QIII has NOTHING under the star except a narrow aluminum ring around the periphery.

This sink is probably a very good idea if one wants to run a J Vf bin in a QIII with an R123. It does look like it adds a significant amount of weight to the little light, though.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
QIII DD Copper Heat Sinks Sale

[ QUOTE ]
yaesumofo said:
Viren what do these heat Sinks fit into?
I hate to say it but in my opinion it is that very area on your sinks that appears damaged which is critical. Especially true when mounting (centering) the emitter not an easy thing to do if the surface is uneven, Are these designed to hold stars?
I understand the economy of this very well Raw materials for copper bar in 1.5" material in 12 foot lengths runs over $300.00 in the USA
If your sinks are to be successful you may want to consider making all surfaces as smooth as possible.
I see a lot of effort and I also see much room for improvement even at this price level. My O-Sinks are available for $10.50 (your price +$3.50)with a self centering emitter technology for perfect mounting of emitters every time. Your product needs improvement even at the $7.00 level. Make it perfect and charge more for them.
Good luck with this I will be watching closely as I believe that CPF as a group is very ready to move to copper heat-sinking for their high power LED's.
Good luck
Yaesumofo

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Yaesumofo,

Thanks for the Valuable suggestions. These Heat Sinks fit in Newai QIII and are made for the Luxeon III Star, Direct Drive with (Rechargable) 3.7 V R123A Li-Ion Cells. I Understand your concerns. It's True that Copper Stock is Expensive. The Stock Defect came to notice only after I tried to polish/file smooth the top surface. These are Hand Built & Hand Finished Heat Sinks, Not on a CNC Lathe.

I have also built some Emitter Sinks in past. These things were discussed at length Here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=976757&fpart=all

and Here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=982504&fpart=all

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: QIII DD Cu Heat Sinks SALE... $7 Shipped Worldwide

If someone did want to mount an emitter directly to these for some reason, all they would have to do fill the pits with solder and sand smooth. The pits would have virtually no effect on a star.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

wasBlinded, thanks for the reply. I didnt notice it while i was replying to yaesumofo.

Hello Chimo,

Thanks for the reply. Emitters wont fit properly on this because the height of the sink is 7 mm where as we will require 9 mm for proper adjustment/fitting with the reflector. these are just for the stars. I would call them as "Seconds" because of the dirty stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have got hold of new stock... and they are doing good... Also looking for some one with CNC. They had said that CNC will be expensive to machine too, unless the quantity is large enough. Lets see what i can do here.

May be I first put up an interest thread for CNC QIII CuStarHeatSinks then perhaps build them.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update:: 06/19/05 :: 1 : Finished the HeatSinks & Updated the Images.

Just In case if any one is interested in these heat sinks. also Note the Last Image has one with Mirror Polished Top .... It will be a Lucky Draw / Randomly Sent to any one who'z Lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: QIII DD Copper Heat Sinks Sale

I'd think that a little Arctic Silver when assembling and these would be just fine.

Or am I missing something? I know some people don't like AS, but I think it is great when used appropriately.

Price seems quite reasonable to me, especially since it includes shipping..
I would have to charge a little more money for the heat sink AND charge for shipping.
JMHO

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello red_robby, thanks for the PayPal.

Your order is being shipped in a one hour's time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Silviron,

Arctic Silver, Arctic Alumina and Arctic Ceramique can be used in between the HeatSink & Luxeon III Star. This will further enhance the heat transfer.

Thanks for the support /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Galiphrey .. PP CC Recvd...
freeze12 .. PP Cash Recvd...

thank you for the payments. Your orders will be shipped in 2 hours time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Galiphrey, freeze12 your HeatSinks have been shipped.

Thanks once again.