Best AAA light?

Stream

Enlightened
I'm looking for a small AAA LED light, preferably with a single white LED and regulation. It can be anything from 1 to 4 cell. Ay suggestions?

Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep an eye out for the new v4 ArcAAAs that should be available withing the next month or so. There a couple of threads on them in the Manufacturer's forum.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
For now, your best bet is the Ultra version of the new-style Peak Matterhorn, a 1AAA. On the Peak site, these are the versions that say 66 to 84 cp. Unlike many AAA lights, the Peaks are regulated, an important feature in a high-draw AAA light.

Most of the 3W 3xAAA lights are unregulated and will lose their brightness in no time. The 3AAA that has rated the highest in initial brightest in Flashlight Reviews is the Advancemart 28LED.

You might also look into the lineup from Princeton Tek. That company has a full line of 1AAA through 4AAA xenon lights.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chimo said:
Keep an eye out for the new v4 ArcAAAs that should be available withing the next month or so. There a couple of threads on them in the Manufacturer's forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter said 3 months.. not 3 weeks.. i guess.. in the Test Tread.... or did i mis-read....

if it's three weeks... thats cool... I would hold of and save $$$ for the Arc AAA Rev 4 ....

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Very recently I bought a "new", old stock, ARC AAA Limited Edition. All I can say is GAWD, I LOVE THIS LIGHT !

Maybe this same model, or even an ARC Premium model could be an option for you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
right no a peak mattie ultra power 1xLED. awsome light nexr get peter's gransee's ARC. it should be be a killerin in "p" trim way go peter!!!! I have a peak with the 50,000mcd pete will using, and both light's are stunning just what your personal personal prefecence. peak is whiter, throw's better, but the ARC LED to be, will be a bit brighter, and more blue which i like atually don't mind.
VDG

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Arc is nothing short of awesome. You can't go wrong. If you haven't done so check out the beta test thread in the manufactures section.

JJohn

Enlightened
I received a new peak 1LED AAA, pocket style, last week. I thought it looked brighter than the other one I got a few months back. In a side by side comparison, it was far brighter. They must have changed LED's.

I really appreciate the tail-standing capability. Set the thing down on the windowsill and it does a nice job ligthing up the smallest room of our house during middle of the night trips.

John

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JJohn said:
I received a new peak 1LED AAA, pocket style, last week.
I really appreciate the tail-standing capability.
John

[/ QUOTE ]
Peak just stopped shipping internationally. Pocketlights does not carry the AAA pocket version. Does anybody of any online dealer that sells the Peak AAA pocket internationally? I am in Canada and STREAM is in Norway.

The_virus

Enlightened
Peak looks like an excellent choice, but like LEDninja, I experience trouble finding a site which

A) has all the selection and customization options of the Peak site
and
B) will ship internationally (to Canada in my case as well)

A prime example would be the "snow" LEDs, I've never seen a snow option outside the Peak site for LED colour. Most sites don't offer multiple body styles either.

The new Arc AAA will definitely be another prime choice if you can wait that long.

I just got a 0.5 watt Nuwai 1AAA light and I'm thrilled with it. It's not regulated, but it's small and bright. Runs for 3 hours continuous using a boost circuit.

Stream

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I looked at the Arc thread in the Manufacturers forum, it looks interesting. Should I get the premium or standard version? The Nuwai and UK 2 AAA are lights that I've looked at before, particularly the Nuwai. Thanks for the runtime plot, Roy. What is the difference between regulation and a boost circuit?

LEDninja wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
Peak just stopped shipping internationally. Pocketlights does not carry the AAA pocket version. Does anybody of any online dealer that sells the Peak AAA pocket internationally? I am in Canada and STREAM is in Norway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad I'm not the only one having trouble finding dealers that will ship to my location lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks for the links, do you know if allbattery.com and pocketlight.ca ship internationally?
There are no dealers in Norway that carry anything aside from goat milk and cheese -- and even those are hideously expensive.