How would the new Arc-AAA premuim compare to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face

Enlightened
Hi,

I currently have a modded LuxIII DD Maglite Solitaire (see here link for more details), which I edc and I am very happy with it.

But what I'd like to know is how the new Arc-AAA Premium would compare to the above light in terms of sheer brightness/output. I appreciate that this may be slightly subjective, but I'd like get a rough idea, so I can decide whether to buy an Arc or not.

I don't care very much about runtime, to be honest, but I would be using an Energiser AAA Lithium cell in the Arc-AAA Premium.

Many thanks in advance for any information you might be able to offer.

Face

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can not compare the two lights. A 5mm led and a luxIII are two different animals.

Also, the type of battery you use will also have a big effect. If you are using a rechargeable lith ion, the Arc would not appear to be "on" in comparison.

Durability wise, the Arc will chew up the solitare.

Run time will be very short with the lux, and very long with the Arc.

Sorry to say, it is an apples to oranges type of comparison.

Face

Enlightened
HI,

Thanks very much for the quick reply. That's pretty much what I wanted to know.

For my needs I'm better off keeping the solitaire.

Thanks again,

Face

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Re: How would the new Arc-AAA premuim compare to t

sorry, but that's not even a serious comparison. It's like asking which will give better acceleration - a stock Ford Mustang GT or a custom AWD Ford Focus with a 900 hp 5.4L twin turbo running race fuel with a NOS system?

The Arc AAA is a stock light that you can put over the counter batteries in. The other is a hand built pocket rocket that gives maximum brightness for size.

Status
Not open for further replies.