Nichia 375nm Ultra Violet on eBay

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHOA! what a rip off! i got Nichia NSHU590B 365nm for $6 apiece..

big_guy

Newly Enlightened
These are NSHU590A. Not sure of the difference, but six bucks is a great price! Would you mind sharing the source?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uhm. I think if you were to do a massive quanity buy from Nichia you could get it that cheap. Single orders probably will be 30 a peice!!

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
big_guy said:
Saw this Nichia on eBay and was curious about the price. Do they retail for near $30 as claimed? If so, I may bid on it and do the UV mod I've been wanting. If link doesn't work, here is item number 7534748707
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Nichia-NSHU590A-TRUE-Ultra-Violet-UV-375nm-LED_W0QQitemZ7534748707QQcategoryZ66951QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know of good sources for UVs other than ETG?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- that is expensive. They should be $6 for the 365nm ones and $5 or so for the 375nm ones.

ETG is where to get the xLamps from -- they are _very_ cool.

IMG_0002.JPG

Piers!

big_guy

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nemul said:
xenopus, that XeLED-Cr7UV looks cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably would bake a scorpion in his shell!

I have contacted six companies regarding UV LEDs and only recieved ONE reply. Ironicly, that one response was to let me know they no longer carried UV LEDs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

If any of you have a few decent UVs to spare, please let me know. PayPal is locked and loaded!

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
big_guy said:
[ QUOTE ]
nemul said:
xenopus, that XeLED-Cr7UV looks cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably would bake a scorpion in his shell!

I have contacted six companies regarding UV LEDs and only recieved ONE reply. Ironicly, that one response was to let me know they no longer carried UV LEDs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

If any of you have a few decent UVs to spare, please let me know. PayPal is locked and loaded!

[/ QUOTE ]

PM sent.
Piers!