Pila GL4.................

timmyg

Newly Enlightened
I have read that once the baterries are drained to the point where they will no longer run the incandescent bulb, the flashlight will stop working; that the LED's will not use whats left of the batteries to continue to power the flashlight. Is this accurate? And if so, are all models the same? Also, are there any reveiws/threads that are available? Any insight would be appreciated.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use pila 150A batteries for GL4. You will notice the light will get dimmer when batteries get weak. That is the time to change batteries. Don't wait for batteries power to drain too low that the bulb can't produce any light. This goes the same for all pila lights. I have the wolfeye 9M turbo. It is identical to the GL4. I never let the batteries drained to zero level. I change to fresh batch of batteries quickly. There is review in pass around threads.

timmyg

Newly Enlightened
-Thank you picard. The wolf-eyes does look quite similar.
-Paul_in_Maryland, sometimes all I see is LED. I'll try incandescents. I lived in Silver Spring for many years......

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the Pila cells. They have a protection circuit that cuts off the power once the cells have drained down to a certain voltage.

timmyg

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:
It's the Pila cells. They have a protection circuit that cuts off the power once the cells have drained down to a certain voltage.

[/ QUOTE ]
-So if I were to use regular cells (cr123's) the flashlight would continue to produce light, via LED's, until the very end?

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
picard said:
You can use pila 150A batteries for GL4. You will notice the light will get dimmer when batteries get weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't happen with my GL3. When the batteries poop out, the light shuts off. The LED tailcap doesn't work at this point.

timmyg

Newly Enlightened
greenLED- That is excactly what I had read and what my initial question was based on. kakster(Thank you, kakster)pretty much answered my question by explaining that rechargeables purposefully cut off(i.e. no power)which would explain no LED's either. I am assuming that with cr123's the flashlight would continue to operate until completely drained of power. Based on that assumption, I placed an order today with Bugoutgear for a GL4. Thank you all.