Super bright 20 led pivot lantern

flashlightsaregreat

Newly Enlightened
Bought two at CVS drug store. I liked them alot. Can run 20 or 10 led's at a time. It looks like a desk lamp, but you can aim it where you want it. Planning on using it in the rv trailer. They have them for $9.99 each. I think they are a great buy. Sorry no pictures. You can carry them around pretty easily, they have a grip in the middle. It's a flood light. Runs on 3D batteries. You can buy an optional an plug.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are talking about the Innovage 20 LED desk lamp (pivot lantern), i have the same thing. Yes, i too was surprised to see how nice it was. Great reflector too. I bought mine on eBay a few weeks ago. I didn't know CVS carried them.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
John-

How do you think these would work for a power outage area light? Enough for bedroom and bathroom chores? Any idea on runtime with 3D?

I would also use it with AC adapter for bedside reading light.

Thanks

Mark

flashlightsaregreat

Newly Enlightened
John2551,
It's the same one you had from Ebay page, the Innovage.

Flash Gordon,
I think it would be great for a power outage, as it brighten's up the room pretty well. Battery life should be great with the 10 leds lite, and still pretty good with the 20, I would think. If you move it around in the room, you should be able to do some intricate work, under the lamp. As I said, it is mostly a flood, but it has some decent throw out in the yard. I may get the optional ac adaptor, also. Notice if you run the ac, you have to take the batteries out, first, according to warning on box.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I went to 3 CVS stores in my area. None found.
(Who else but a flashaholic nut would do this?)

Best price I could find online at Overstock.com. $15.99 with $1 shipping. I ordered 2.
Here

Mark

MikeF

Enlightened
Flash_Gordon
You know what they say about great minds? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
They think alike!!
I just ordered 3 fron Overstock.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow I see myself buying 20 more u bin nichia led's from grumpy.

my friends think led's are my drug of choice.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flashlightsaregreat said:
John2551,
It's the same one you had from Ebay page, the Innovage.

Flash Gordon,
I think it would be great for a power outage, as it brighten's up the room pretty well. Battery life should be great with the 10 leds lite, and still pretty good with the 20, I would think. If you move it around in the room, you should be able to do some intricate work, under the lamp. As I said, it is mostly a flood, but it has some decent throw out in the yard. I may get the optional ac adaptor, also. Notice if you run the ac, you have to take the batteries out, first, according to warning on box.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it would be great for a power outage but an LED camping type lantern would be better because the light is projected a full 360 degrees with the lantern. This is called a pivot "lantern" but it is really a desk lamp.

bhds

Enlightened
I hate to buy one online because I'm not sure if I would like the thing. Would rather buy it locally so I could return it if need be. I've seen the multi--led array lanterns and wasn't overly impressed with the brightness or color. I would like to find a replacement for the swivel head lamp that came with my 9v dewalt cordless drill. Anyone have pictures of this thing lighting up an area?

AbnerCadaver

Banned
I don't know about Boscov's online reputation, but here in Central PA, they are a very reputable brick and mortar store. They had the Innovage 12 LED lanterns last year for 9.99 so I scooped up a bunch to be used as gifts and I kept one for myself. Unlike the drug store chains which usually just have 5 units in stock, Boscov's had these on an endcap with over 100 units in stock.

Abbie.

MikeF

Enlightened
AbnerCadaver,
Now I am wishing I had taken a chance with Boscov's. They couldn't be any worse than Overstock.com has been so far.

I got an e-mail from Overstock telling me that the Lanterns shipped on the 9th and then another e-mail on the 12th telling me to check USPS site for tracking info. That link at USPS says: "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on August 12, 2005 to expect your package for mailing.". This tells me that the USPS was not even notified that there was a package to be picked up until 08/12/05. When I tried to call their customer service department, I spent more than 45 minutes on hold, and then I was disconnected from the phone system, and then spent another ten minutes on hold, only to have your rep tell me that the items shipped 08/08/05, not 08/09/05 as the e-mail said, and that if I do not receive the items by 08/19/05 that I should call back on the morning of the 20th.

MikeF

Enlightened
I received them, so it took 1 week to receive the order. Not too bad for $1.00 shipping I guess, but the customer service was a little agravating. The latterns are great, and have good color, and surprising throw for the broad beam. There are some artifacts in the beam, but a little diffusion gel will even them out.

Darell

Flashaholic
I just got my two from Overstock. Now I need to figure out how to pry them apart to stuff a nFlex and two T-rank Lux3's in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MikeF

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
I just got my two from Overstock. Now I need to figure out how to pry them apart to stuff a nFlex and two T-rank Lux3's in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Darrel,
Any luck with trying to pry them open?
Mike