Hummer 10 MM CP Searchlight --- observations

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
OK, I posted some pics and brief notes on my website. The Hummer 3 MMCP appears to be the same light as the generic "mega sport spot" etc. But the 10 MMcp version is a horse of a different color. An H4 lamp in a HUGE housing, large lead acid battery and 11 pound total package. I have a daylight side by side beam shot that seems to have fairly captured its inferiority to the McCullough HID, but if you try to look at these lights (BAD IDEA -- but my son did it of course)the Hummer is more "blinding". And it has good throw.

So, enjoy and maybe I can do some night tiime beam shots ---

Anyway, it seems like a good "back of the car" light.

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the incorrect posting location. Hope this hasn;t been reviewed too much, i only saw the 3mm cp version mentioned.

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
Good news -- this one is way better than the "3 mmCP" hummer and its friends -- I have 4 or 5 of those implementations. Still nothing like the white "mother ship" beam of my x990. But it seems to throw as far or farther --- up close the x990 is so much better looking, but they both really light stuff up!

Two pics. In the first it is obvious which one is the x990. Not as obvious in the second one (x990 on left both times)

beam.jpg

beam2.jpg

My 13 year old son always picks the hummer as the brightest light "in person" while I see the x990 as the brightest. The 16 year old splits depending on what and how fr away we are lighting things up. This says to me that the Hummer is no joke for a 50$ searchlight.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the Hummer in Fry's today, is it made by the same folks that make Thor? If it is, it would look nice in the back of my truck.
chiphead