9 volt Surefire light/turbohead question

WDR65

Enlightened
I just recieved my first true 9 volt Surefire a C3 Centurion. I really like its form and looks as well as output with the new KL3 head. I was going to get a KT2 hard anodized turbohead to go on it, but now that I've used it for a a while with the KL3 I don't think I want to use one light as my platform for everything. I own an SRTH that I used to use on a Z2 with an A19, but I didn't like the form factor.
So my question is, instead of buying a whole new turbohead should I just buy a 6P and use my A19 or a 9P. I've also considered just buying a C3 black body and tailcap. Also is there any real difference in output or function with an A19 on a 6P (I've never had anything to compare to)? Another thing, aside from the heat resistance issue with the lens of the SRTH is there any reason to get a KT series over it? Thanks in advance guys.

Whoops, may have posted in the wrong forum. Probably should have gone incandescent. Sorry Moderators, my mistake.

Dudley

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hi Dudley,

The SRTH is not designed for the larger filament Lamp Assemblies such as the MNxx lamps. Should you decide to use the MN15/MN16, MN60/MN61 in your SRTH there is a chance the beams would not be perfect. The KT TurboHeads are not tuned to be so picky and can accept all SureFire's applicable lamps.

Depending on your application (although I admit it is highly unlikely) the extra resistance of using a 6P+A19 rather than a C3 body may reduce the overall runtime. This resistance issue gets worse if you add a second joint to the body (such as a four-SF123A body made of 6P+A19+A19).

If you want to go three-SF123A I'd suggest SRTH with N2 lamp.
If you consider that you are likely to go to four-SF123A then perhaps the KT would be better.

Al

WDR65

Enlightened
Thanks Al,
You always give out good info. Now I guess I have another question though. I've reread the turbohead thread and looked at the 12 volt lamp assemblies. I was wondering if there was another lower output lamp made for the 12PM instead of the N62, or are the MN series the only ones now. I'm curious about this, mainly because I like my SRTH and I'd like to run a 12 volt lamp in it from time to time but I don't need 500 lumens and the runtime is way too short. I'm probably looking for something that was never made, but I have to ask. Otherwise, I may end up buying a KT series head and running the MN series lamps.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The MN60 and MN61 lamps will fit but the combination of your SRTH and the lamps may not give you the perfect beam you desire. There is a good chance it will but I guess you order the lamp(s) at your own risk.

Al