NiMH deal at Big Lots(former Pic N Save ) - LA area for sure

dark star

Enlightened
The Big Lots in the LA area have (in the ad ) a great deal. For $12.95 you get ( all panasonic )

6- AA NiMH 1600mAH
2- AAA NiMH 650mAH
2- AA to C cell cases
2- AA to D cell cases ( you can use a AA in place of a D cell )
1- 5 hours timer charger

Note: the ad said 4 NiMH AA cells but when I bought it there were 6 in the pack.This sale may be outside the LA area so check their flyers if there is a store nearby. Gosh I make it easy for you - below is a link to their website so you can find out if the promotion is in your area. Just enter your zip code then hit the View Promotions button.

http://www.biglots.com/cgi-bin/mqlocator.exe?link=cns_promo

Azreal911

Enlightened
holy crap that's one hell of a deal! arrrrrgh i live in canada though. oh well. i love using nimh. not too crazy aboot disposable batteries except for lithiums in emergency lights. i try to save the environment whenever possible.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up two of these in AZ. They have a whole display case full. I'm surprised they have that much left. As a heavy consumer of rechargeables, I'm in heaven. As for the charger, it overheated two of the AA's and I suspect they were probably partially charged. I charged the other four in a Rayovac 1hr charger and it just got warm, not hot and the charge appeared to terminate properly. I'd say toss the dumb charger that comes with the package. The batteries alone are well worth the price and consider the C and D adapters a bonus. As an aside, the rayovac 1hr charger has been in my posession for about three months now and it's been flawless.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Have them here
tongue.gif
(The batteries I mean)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Indeed my brothers and sisters!

They have them at least at one of the stores around here (Spencer Hwy at Red Bluff - Pasadena).

As we speak, 4aa's are a'chargin'! (I will watch the temps!)

Gotta love a place like Big Lots!!!

dark star

Enlightened
I used the panasonic 5 hour charger for a year - i used to think it was pretty good till I got the ccrane and the rayovac PS4B. The PS4B for $25-$30 is just great - never has overheated the cells like the panasonic does at times. The panasonic NiMH AA cells are my favorate - they seem to last longer then other 1600mAH brands I have used.

K A

Enlightened
I checked one of the two Big Lots here in town. I scoured the store but could not find this package either. I will check the other store when I get off work tomorrow since it's just right across the street. I doubt the other store will have it either.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
The Big Lots here didn't have it either. But they did have 8 packs of Ray O Vac's for $2.49.
So I picked up a half dozen of those to feed my new Starlux 5W DD battery muncher. Then I bit the bullet and ordered a MAHA C777PLUS-II charger and battery packs for everything else. Pretty good deal at BL for alkalines though.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw this at Big Lots today and didn't find it to be that big of a deal. I figure if I have to use short lived rechargeables, they better be some of the best out there. For this reason, (4) Energizer 1850mah AAs for 10 bucks at walmart is a better deal for me.

This is in PA.

Mark

dark star

Enlightened
Looks like the Panasonic deal is only west of the Mississippi ( wherever the Mississippi is - I think its east of Arizona - I'm pretty sure it doesn't go through the Grand Canyon !)

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
In general, Ebergizer rechargeables have not had a good review over internet. Panasonic rechargeable have been rated highly by users.