E2!!!!!

yclo

Flashaholic*
Hey guys, just got my first surefire today, the E2.

The first thing that struck me is how small the damn thing is!! And how nice the beam is!

Got two spare lamps, and put both lamps in the one film container, one on each end, does anyone else do this?

On TV now is a movie called "The Getaway" and it just so happened that they used a few 9P's I think, or at least some other torch of that length that uses a tailcap switch. Funny think though is that they had a very clear click sound when they flashed the lights.

An unlucky thing happened... First thing out of the shop I played around with it and took off the bezel and the lamp fell on the ground. The lucky thing is it still worked!!!

I also found that I can take the tailcap apart and the rubber switch is not connected to the tailcap! No wonder it's not waterproof.

Well, this will go well with the Arc LE.

And Merry Christmas to all!

YC

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that dropped the bulb the 1st time he opened the the E2. If you want the option of a "regular" brightness light, good beam & more time out of your batteries, get the E1 bulb & the dummy battery. That'll give you 15 lumens on 1 battery & still have a very good light pattern.

If you want a good belt holder for it for next to nothing, try a nylon knife holder for a 5" folding (Buck size) knife. I got mine from Smokey Moutain Knife Works for $.99, & is very well made. Can carry the E2 either bezel up or down. TX

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
An unlucky thing happened... First thing out of the shop I played around with it and took off the bezel and the lamp fell on the ground. The lucky thing is it still worked!!!
YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, since I got my E2, I've dropped the same 60 Lu MN03 ten and a 1/2 times.
frown.gif

(That's aggregated from 5' drops onto a hard floor, to a 1' drop onto carpet.)

It still works fine !
shocked.gif

The filament technology must have improved awesomely since I was a boy ......

lightlover
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Since I got my E2, I've been exceptionally careful to NOT drop the lamp, as I do not have a spare.
I open the bezel on the couch or at the computer where that bulb can't fall very far or hit very hard.
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Some people have said that the E Series Lamps are too difficult to remove (like mine were) and now it appears you have to be careful about them falling out!

rolleyes.gif

Anyone ever knocked the little "pip" end off a TurboHead Lamp Module? I have and it's not a good thing. Lucky for me, I was taking a blown lamp out of the Bezel...

Al
tongue.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
Some people have said that the E Series Lamps are too difficult to remove (like mine were) and now it appears you have to be careful about them falling out!
Al
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may have something there. My E2 (9 months old), very difficult to remove lamp assembly. My E1 (one month), the lamp will fall out when changing batteries. It survived an initial clunk to the floor, now I'm very careful to change the battery with the lamp assembly upside down.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine`s really hard to get out too. Got it back in the late summer this year, but it may have been older than that (as the company I got it from, also seemed to stock the old 6P, 6Z, 8X, etc.

Newer ones are easier to remove then?

confused.gif
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I too just bought a Surefire E2 (HA). I love it! Great, tough little light.

Anyone out there able to tell me about run time for the batteries in the E2?

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:

The first thing that struck me is how small the damn thing is!! And how nice the beam is!

Got two spare lamps, and put both lamps in the one film container, one on each end, does anyone else do this?

On TV now is a movie called "The Getaway" and it just so happened that they used a few 9P's I think, or at least some other torch of that length that uses a tailcap switch. Funny think though is that they had a very clear click sound when they flashed the lights.

I also found that I can take the tailcap apart and the rubber switch is not connected to the tailcap! No wonder it's not waterproof.

Well, this will go well with the Arc LE.

And Merry Christmas to all!

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Size15's

Flashaholic
I get in my opinion just over an hour of light I'm happy with, and then some more time with output that scream "Put new SF123As in you Fool! You know you want that new battery high!!"

Al