Tri-Lux Mag {PICS}

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I just finished my Tri-Clops. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm pretty happy because this was my first mod that I completed with no problems at all! It is Direct Drive so I guess simpler is sometimes better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The light uses 3 TYOK stars. and are house in a 2D Mag using a piece of 1" PVC pipe to sleeve 3 'C' cells. It also has a Mineral Glass lens that I obtained from chevrofreak's Group buy. These are of very good quality, almost as clear as my UCL's!

HS.jpg

TYOK.jpg

PVC.jpg

To my surpirse these are a *very* nice tint. I expected a heavily blue beam, but it is a super color!

And, here are a few pics:

HEAD2.jpg

HEAD.jpg

I was too lazy to clean up my desk for the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And a beamshot that proves it is a Tri-Clops, or maybe even a Tri-Ceratops:

BS.jpg

Thanks for looking, and happy modding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that looks nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif
If you ever got a hold of some nimhs, it will look even brighter still. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I have long liked the *YO* binned leds myself.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Thanks Stephen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, I've been wanting to get NiMh for a while, but I still haven't made the plunge. I guess I will have to sooner or later...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Danny, TAKE THE PLUNGE!!! I'm dead serious. You get some good 5,000mah C NiMH and a good charger, and your light will be just like mine (same function). Mine runs at near constant brightness for almost 2 hours like it's regulated. The rechargables are great as you can always have "fresh" batteries!!! You can use your light like a shop light and not worry about wasting batts...

I got 6 peices of the titanium 5000mah and the vanson smart charger from amondotech. Just the sheer extra power and fun I've had has been worth it!!

My light:
Black 2D mag w/3C NiMH sleved w/PVC pipe.
AA epoxied stars to Mod-a-Mag HS. The HS is AA thermal grease'ed to the mag head, and thermal grease on the threads of the body/head of the mag. I cut and re-bent the mag spring so it fits in the center of the tail cap and removed the anodizing of course. I bent the spring so it woulnd't cut/scratch the batteries too (since I'm re-using NiMH..). I also made it so there wasn't much pressure on them so you can screw the tail cap on easy. I also wrapped the PVC pipe with some paper so it didn't rattle.

Mine has some very cool glow epoxy molded rods in it. Aqua that glows brighter than green stronium after ~2mins (the stronium dims down a lot more quicker).

Sometime I'll get pics.. This light I use ALL the time. I love it. I don't have to worry about wearing out the bulb or running down the batteries! I sometimes use it as a table lamp in my room!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, great mod, I love mine, it's shorter than a 3C mag and easier to grasp.