How to join mp3's?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I'm making a DVD slideshow using Sonic DVD and I can only have one audio track per chapter so I want to join two or more mp3s so that they will appear as one file. The end resulting format doesn't have to be mp3 but that's what the source songs are. I figure maybe the best way is to convert them to wav's and then join them? What is the best way to accomplish my goal?

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Audacity will work just fine. If you have Nero 6 ultimate edition, it comes with a wav. editor that will do the same. It doesn't have to be a wav. file. It will work with MP3's to.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I do have Nero and will play with the wav editor. Like I said I think Sonic MyDVD will accept wav's it's just that my source files are mp3s.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I've used goldwave to join and edit mp3s before. It has a lot off stuff that comes with it.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying audacity. I have opened two tracks in two different windows. I have no idea how to join them. The help file is not very useful. If anybody can give me a heads up on how to open the audio files and then join and save as one, I would appreciate it.

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
geepondy said:
I am trying audacity. I have opened two tracks in two different windows. I have no idea how to join them. The help file is not very useful. If anybody can give me a heads up on how to open the audio files and then join and save as one, I would appreciate it.

When you have both open in the same project you can select the audio in the first track and click copy then click on the end position of the second track then paste the audio on the end.

Chris

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chris, I finally figured that part out, LOL. One of the two tracks I have first experimented in is record at at significantly higher volume. I tried the "equalization" and it added a hum to both tracks so I cut that out.

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
geepondy said:
Thanks Chris, I finally figured that part out, LOL. One of the two tracks I have first experimented in is record at at significantly higher volume. I tried the "equalization" and it added a hum to both tracks so I cut that out.

I hear ya. I would equalize all the tracks individually using the same attributes and then stitch them together.

Sorry for hijacking that other thread. :(

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sony has a great program you can download and try. It is an audio editor and a cd architect program. Lets you join pieces of music and make them whole.