PM6 3W LED on Pelican's Website

TBrogden

Newly Enlightened
Pelican's website shows an M6 3w LED light that I have not noticed before tonight. I initially took it to be the regular-production version of the light that has been available from Battery Station for some time now, however, the ad copy doesn't speak to regulation or hard anodize.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
If pelican site doesn't mention HAIII, then it is just regular HAII. Pelican is honest, at least, about the case material of its flashlight.

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Well, but looking at it, it looks to be HAIII, because it looks just like the one I have. However, I think these ones will be lacking a serial number as the model number is in the place of the serial number.

Reason being why I think it's HAIII is, why would you make a green light if you could make it black. The selling point on this one is definately going to be the HAIII.

Anyone find out how much the regular production version is going to cost.

Greg

not2bright

Enlightened
Sure seems to be the regular production version of the BatteryStation light. It has the model #2390, which is the same as my BatteryStation light. I sort of looks like they put 2390 where the serial number is on my light.

The PM6 1W is model #2330.

Strange that there is no mention of regulation.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is the HAIII, if fact is is exactly the same except for the serial number. I was told it could run anywhere from $120 to $150. It is worth it IMHO. I am not sure about that though.

-David

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I just check the pelican site. It looks like HAIII and has green color. The site doesn't mention it is made of HAIII. strange

rookie

Enlightened
According to BatteryStation's eBay auctions, the regular price for these lights will be $149.

Flashlight Enthusiast
rookie said:
According to BatteryStation's eBay auctions, the regular price for these lights will be $149.

so pick them up while still a deal, $99 I guess

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
A question for those owning this new Pelican HA-III LED:

--> How good/reliable is the tailcap?

My incan Peli M6 has a wonky tailcap. It "wobbles" slightly when in the optimal momentary position... and a bit more when locked-out. Also, its threads are (often) cut somewhat rough.

We've had a couple threads here about M6 tailcap issues -- it's a recurring problem -- and I wonder if Pelican has fixed this with their new 3 watter.

Comments?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless things have changed for the PM6 design from a couple of years ago, A Surefire Z49 clickie fits the PM like a glove. The only thing is, the diameter of the clicky is slightly more then the barrel of the PM6 so this may make it a bit uncomfortable to hold for some. But it's worked very well for me.

TonkinWarrior said:
A question for those owning this new Pelican HA-III LED:

--> How good/reliable is the tailcap?

My incan Peli M6 has a wonky tailcap. It "wobbles" slightly when in the optimal momentary position... and a bit more when locked-out. Also, its threads are (often) cut somewhat rough.

We've had a couple threads here about M6 tailcap issues -- it's a recurring problem -- and I wonder if Pelican has fixed this with their new 3 watter.

Comments?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Z49 for my $50 LEDWave X-3. Having owned the PM6, I second the motion to fit the PM6 with a Z49. You may balk at fitting a $40 light with a $35 tailcap--until your fingers experience the improvement in ON, Momentary, and lockout. The Z49 will turn a great light into a perfect light.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
can someone please post a pic of the Z49 on the PM6 please?

-David

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could, but when a cell vented, I had the cells and PM6 replaced. The replacement PM6 remains unopened in its bubble pack, awaiting a deserving soldier.

I've read that the Z49 looks outlandishly outsized on the PM6, and I believe it. It's noticeably wider than the PM6.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh PM6 (with McModule) and Surefire Z49, where are you? Dang I was playing with it a week ago. If I can find it, I'll post a picture.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok here is a picture with a Z49 clickie. This is a PM6 with a McModule. The original switch was crap and became flaky early in life. The Z49 has performed flawlessly but I personally don't feel real comfortable holding it with the differences in diameters between the switch and the body. I wouldn't say the switch is outlandishly bigger though. No quick link for images anymore?

49655889.jpg

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
geepondy - seems while holding the light the differences in diameter would certainly be noticeable, but it doesn't "look" too bad!

What "editor" are you using for your post replies? Go to your User Control Panel and select the WYSIWYG editor and you'll find a "quick button" (it's a little "mountain with sun over it and a yellow sky") for inserting pics. You have your URL copied and when you click on the "quick button", you then paste in the URL - presto = picture in your post!