UK eLED module in a UK 2AA body?

metrojs

Newly Enlightened
Hello, everyone, I tried the search function but kept getting a no results response.

So, does anyone know if the LED light module for the UK 4AA eLED will work in the UK 2AA body? From the pictures I've seen, it looks like it might physically fit, but will the volts match up? If it works it seems like it will make a nice light.

Thanks in advance.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
someone did just that and it was rather dim as the module expects perhaps 4-6v and with two batteries ends up getting 2.2-3v instead. I would expect it would work fine if you tore apart some of the lithium batteries with 2x3v cells and used them but using normal alkaline or nimh/nicad is dissapointing and lithium probably is not that great either.

paulr

Flashaholic
Using 2x3v AA-size cells (from certain brands of CR-V3 packs) would be kind of silly since those cells are so exotic and expensive. If you want the eLED head on a compact light, put it on the UK 2L body which uses two CR123's and is a great little light.

Torchaholic

Newly Enlightened
I've got both the UK 4AA eLED and the UK 2L, and always have this 'urge' to go out and buy the UK 2AA (probably because it has a combination of the UK 2L 'size' and the UK 4AA eLED 'switch').

Does anyone have a side-by-side pics of the UK 2L and the UK 2AA? :thanks:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I wonder if the regulator in the uk4aa eled head would take 2 14500 li ions (AA size) without frying it. It would have to be able to handle about 8.5v input

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did it - it worked just fine.

Appears to be as bright as when running from the 4AA source. I assume that the runtime will be essentially cut in half - but did not have chance to do official runtime tests.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If it indeed has a buck regulator the runtime should be about half of the 4AA version using lithium batteries perhaps but it would be a neat light. I gave my sister a 2AA incan version and I liked the form factor but wasn't much on the bulb and reflector assy.