TacStar T6/T9 xenon, 3W/5W LED = Pelicans?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been pointed out before that TacStar's 2-cell T6 is a rebranded Pelican M6 xenon. As I study the TacStar product line, I'm wondering:
  • Could TacStar's T6 3W LED (60 lumens) be a rebranded Pelican M6 3W LED?
  • Could TacStar's T9 xenon (135 lumens) and T9 LED (5W, 75 lumens) be unique Pelican-made 3-cell versions of Pelican's 2-cell lights, with that unrivaled Pelican throw?
The T9 xenon goes for as little as $68. If its reflector is Pelican-optimized for throw, boy, could that be a TL-3 killer.

As for the 5W LED, at $105 it could be an interesting alternative to Pelican's 3W LED.

Imagine: Pelican throwers that you--or a soldier--could run guilt-free on a pair of $10 protected 17500 cells...and costs enough to justify the purchase of a decent Surefire Z49 tailcap!

Last edited:

juancho

Enlightened
They don't use Surefire lamps, and yes they are very close to the Pelican M-6 but not quite, I have only one now but I had another that I give away to a friend that have a reflector close to the Pelican with almost same MOP.

I got nime from www.midsouthshooterssuplys and paid close to $30.00 each.
They are good flashlights imported by Lyman Products.
They also have the remote pressure pad switch that at about $14.00 is a bargain and will fit the C series of Surefire.
Here is picture of remote tail-cap.

TacStarswitchcap.jpg

Juancho