Q3 bug

Radagast

Enlightened
I just got a Q3 and it's behaving funny. The momentary on doesn't work. It turns on, but when the putton is pressed it turns off. It wont turn on until after the click and the button in completely released. I don't want to bother with returning it. Does anyone know a simple fix?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marc said:
The Q3 doesn't have a 'momentary on' since it's a 'reverse-clicky', eg: 'momentary off'

The switch was redesigned on later models.
They call it their tactical version and it's a modified reverse clicky that does give momentary on.
Check the link I posted above.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Sounds like a funky solution rather than a simple and easy to use one. I just got one in August with the original switch. Wonder why momentary clickies are so hard to come by. . .?

Radagast

Enlightened
Reverse clickie. Wow. I really thought it was just a messed up switch.

Oh well. I'll probably get used to it. It's very weird. I miss the q3 I lost even more now.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original Q3 had reverse clickies. Many of the newer specimens have normal clickies with momentary on.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The momentary new clickies are still reverse. They just have a second contact that makes it light up with a little pressure. It's not a true momentary switch.

Press a little, you get light
Press harder, it goes back off and clicks
Release and it latches on.

underdust

Newly Enlightened
IsaacHayes said:
The momentary new clickies are still reverse. They just have a second contact that makes it light up with a little pressure. It's not a true momentary switch.

Press a little, you get light
Press harder, it goes back off and clicks
Release and it latches on.

This is good to know. I bought a Q3 about a month ago and it does this. I just thought I had a goofed up switch. Thanks.