Forgot my EDC when I really needed it

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I had to meet the local police at my workplace last night so they could search the building in response to an intrusion alarm. In my haste to get down there I completely forgot to grab my QIII. As a result I had to use a much dimmer 7-LED flashlight, which paled in comparison to one of the LEO's incandescent lights. As a flashaholic it was a little embarrassing as well as a missed opportunity to show off a decent flashlight.

Looking for my dunce cap,
pw
:eek:

BTW it turned out to be a false alarm, thank goodness. I'm allergic to bullets!

TorchMan

Enlightened
What a bummer. One thing about pocket carrying the HDS U60, it's usually there when I need it. I did forget it once though, just got lucky and didn't need it. I did have the U2 though.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yeah, I shoulda-woulda-coulda. I'll try not to let it happen again! :rolleyes:

I was so rattled last night that I even forgot to grab my cell phone, even after giving my cell number to their dispatcher. Doh.

I'll probably put a Dorcy MetalGear in the vehicle for now. At least it's a little less pedestrian than an incandescent and it has decent throw for it's size.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
PW, the last guy who left his EDC at home had the privilage of wearing a Sasha-customized sig for a couple of weeks! :crackup: (Someone, pls report my post! :naughty: )

Larry

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
tvodrd said:
PW, the last guy who left his EDC at home had the privilage of wearing a Sasha-customized sig for a couple of weeks! :crackup: (Someone, pls report my post! :naughty: )

Larry

Oh noooooooo! :aaa::laughing:

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
A nice feature of the new software I just discovered is that if you report a post, a message box appears for the reason you are reporting it. Too cool!

Larry

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple solution. Sew a watertight EDC to every pair of pants. If you're wearing pants then you've got EDC. Of course if you aren't wearing pants and you need an EDC, maybe you've got bigger problems. :D

-LT

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's really a Homer moment. D'oh!! Please, please tell me that forgotten Q3 is a direct drive 4.2V rechargeable Ubin. Seriously, no Flashaholic like yourself should be pressed into using a 7 led flashlight (unless it's 7 lux3's) when non Flashaholics in the area are using standard 30 year old technology bulb flashlights. That's a opportunity that's just too good to let pass by.

:ohgeez: :ohgeez: :banghead:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
LumenHound said:
Please, please tell me that forgotten Q3 is a direct drive 4.2V rechargeable Ubin.

Not quiite. I haven't gotten into 123 Rechargables yet. I purchased one just to experiument with but I haven't put it into anything yet. I did modify the light with a TYOK (I think it was) and a mineral lens.

I stopped by WallyWorld today and picked up a Dorcy MetalGear just to avoid being lumenistically humiliated again.
:rolleyes: